Forum home› Getting pregnant› Conception & fertility problems
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Clomid ladies - help please

Hi ladies

I have been loitering here for some time and have seen how helpful and supportive you are to each other so I wonder if you might be able to help me, please.

My hubby and I have been ttc for 18 months. I was diagnosed with mild PCOS in August 2009 and was put on metformin. I was then given clomid in January and used it for the first time on my current cycle. My lp is usually 14 days with 4-6 days of premenstrual spotting before full af and this has been consisten for the past year at least. I am very confused this month as I am currently 16 dpo with no sign of a period and a BFN this morning. I know I ov'd on 29 March because of my positive ov test and my temps - and my temps are still above the coverline. I have only recently found out (by the wonder that is Google) that clomid can increase your lp and stop premenstrual spotting - which is a good thing I guess - so my question to you is did clomid increase your lp and by how long? I've resigned myself to the fact that af is on her way but I'm just wondering how long I should wait. I am soooo frustrated as I thought perhaps I may have been lucky this month. The positive part of me thinks that maybe it is just a shy bean but after so many months (although not as long as some of you ladies - how you cope I dont know, you are amazing to me) I can't ever see myself with those two precious lines.

Sorry for the rambling but if you have any advice for me I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks very much.

Kx

(also posted in LTTC and Pregnancy after LTTTC)

Replies

• Sorry I don't know MrsKPB but got my fingers crossed for you! xx
  • Thanks Mrs Robson - that's really sweet. I'm just worried that AF has now gone awol! image I guess I'll just have to wait a couple of days to see if anything happens either way.

Kx
  • Well we're all in this together, aren't we??!! We don't have all the answers and neither do the doctors so all we can do is wait. Excruciating but at least coming on here makes it better! And it's nice to not be the only one - I would have died if I'd had to do this pre-internet!! xx
  • Absolutely - as least we can discuss all the odd things our bodies do while keeping our faces hidden! image

I just wish there was a magic cure!

Baby dust to you.

Kx