Forum home Getting pregnant Conception & fertility problems
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Bleeding after sex **UPDATED**

Just a quick question. Does anybody else suffer with bleding after sex as a reault of PCOS?? Its really starting to worry me now as the bleeding is not not something that iv always suffered with and has only started recently whereas I have have PCOS for years so didnt really think it could be because of this??
Im finding that sex is becoming a little bit uncomfortable aswel. Do you think that I should be worried. I want a smear test but doctors will not do one as I am only 23. Do you think I should be demanding one? Although I don't think this will get me very far!!

S
x

Just to let you know when I went to docs the other day I told him about the bleeding after sex and he said that it was not normal and he wanted to do an internal examination. Hurrah finally something is being done!!

S
x

[Modified by: Sweetie123 on 18 November 2009 01:09:00 ]

Replies

• 1 of my friends had this n went 2 see her gp, he gave her a smear test because of the bleeding n she is only 20!! think it depends on ur area n family history etc.

it turned out that my friend just needed some antibiotics as she had a bit of an infection.

i would go n see ur gp, will prob be something n nothing hun but best 2 get it checked, especially as u r TTC.

xxx
  • Hi Sweetie!
    I would get back to your GP and tell them what's happening. As you know, I've just had an abnormal smear and have been experiencing some bleeding after bd, again like you, for the first time in my life. My GP said it could be related to the smear results, or that it could be related to hormonal imbalance due to PCOS or indeed an infection so go and get it looked at.
    Your GP cannot ignore this and will have to give you a smear and then your mind will be at rest. There's nothing worse than worrying about what's wrong when it could be cleared up quickly and easily
    xxx
  • i used to bleed after sex alot before i had children but since i have had them it has stopped.
    i would go back to the docs though hun and get it checked out just to be on the safe side. x
  • i used to bleed after sex alot before i had children but since i have had them it has stopped.
    i would go back to the docs though hun and get it checked out just to be on the safe side. x
  • sorry double post

[Modified by: Sweetie123 on November 18, 2009 01:15 AM]

[Modified by: Sweetie123 on November 18, 2009 01:16 AM]

• Hi Sweetie,
    Hope you're well! Just checking in to see if the doc has done anything with you yet about this?
    Let me know how you're doing.
    xx
  • Hey havent had the exam yet as I booked the appointment and would u believe after waiting 60 something days of waiting I started spotting lol. Still no AF though just odd bits of spotting now and again. I think im guna go insane...I just wana get this appt over and done with!!

How are you getting on hun?

S