Forum home Getting pregnant Conception & fertility problems
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

been told that

i might have pcos, i have had blood taken today and i need to call to book my scan tomo. I dont really have any syptoms except i have very irregular periods an i was put on a lot of weight in last 2 years. we are desprate for a baby, if im told i have pcos what will the doctor do? how can they treat it? sorry i really dont know much about it.

Replies

• Options
    Hi lindz
    i was diagnosed at 21 now im 28! i have been on metaformin 850mg X2 a day. this helps with insulin levels and weight control and some ladies have got thier bfp from that alone too! this is a fab medican so maybe ask for it , if tests show positive to pcos.
    They may do ov drilling as this helps create gaps for the eggs to get out, it also helps with the hormone levels and they say that its v effective for ovulation 0-6 months after. I had my ov drilling for the second time last nov. i now am due to start clomid after i get af as im still not ovulating. there is def more chance that the clomid will work this time as the drilling makes drugs more effective!
    try to b positive hun, so many people suffer with this now and still get a bfp. and at least youl know the reason why your not falling preg and then they can do something about it!!
    gem xx