Forum home Getting pregnant Conception & fertility problems
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

what to expect? Will we get help on Friday?

Hi girls
got my first appointment to see the consultant on Friday, I have already been diagnosed with PCOS and OH has had SA results back - everything is fine there!

I was just wondering if anyone could help me with what to expect?

Does anyone know if I will get metformin/clomid on this appointment or will I have to wait longer?

WBAM

Replies

• Options
    Hi wbam,
    I was in the same position a fortnight ago and was given metformin and told if it doesn't work they'll probably give me clomid too in 3 months but some people have been given the clomid right away- I think it depends on your hormone levels and sometimes comes down to each consultant but I'd imagine they'll give you something xxx
  • Options
    Thank you, that is very helpful x hope it helps you xx will let you know how I get on xx
  • Options
    Just saw your other details on the post in lttc. Just to let you know I'd already had bloods 9done by hospital but my gp had also done them previously), a hycosy and SA for dh. Yes let me know- hope they get the ball rolling for you xx
  • Options
    I got put on metformin by my GP. After two months on it and still no AF he referred me to a gynae fertility consultant who I saw last week. I was expecting to be put on clomid but he's decided to give me a laparoscopy and ovarian drilling befor increasing my dose on metformin and trying clomid. So it's not always what you expect but the main thing is to feel that you're moving forward.
    Best of luck and hope it goes well for you xx