Forum home Getting pregnant Conception & fertility problems
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

where was this??

where was this room when i needed it,lol:roll:

after having my 1st son nearly 5years ago... we thot we would wait until his 1st birthday to ttc no2....but things didnt work so was sent for tests and was told i had pcos.... we were devestated image and they tried everything over 2 1/2years to help us, but nothing was helping!! they told me from the start to lose weight and it would help things....i didnt listen and thought, i was overweight when i concieved my 1st son so why should i!! but after the docs told me to lose the weight before i could be concidered for ivf.... so i joined the gym april08 lost 5stone and in the october i went to the docs as i thought the weightloss was affecting me as i was feeling run down, so the gp tested me for diabeties but i wasnt prepared to be told i was pregnant..... i honestly couldnt believe it, i cried with so much happiness!! my baby boy was born in june09 and is perfect!!
So now i wonder if i had listened to the gynocologyst at the start of my treatment would i would have saved my self so much heartache month after month!!

if anyone needs to chat or feeling down.... just talk to me, ive been through it!!! x

Replies

• Thats very interesting to hear and means there is hope out there for all of us - let the diets begin - how did you manage to lose the 5stone? any tips?
  • i took a deep breath and joined the gym... and it was the best thing i ever done cant believe it took me so long to do it!!
    within a month my period had started back... then i had them regular then fell pregnant!

i found that going in the early afternoon was best as my wee boy was at nursery and it was really quite as i was so worried people would laugh and stare, but nobody did they were all really nice!!

and i got the best reward of all image and a nice new wardrobe full of clothes image