Forum home Getting pregnant Conception & fertility problems

Confused?!

Hi i was diagnosed with PCOS last march but they said was very minor but i have regulare periods every 31 days OV every month but do have a slightly high testorone level but everything else normal. Am on metformin 500mg twice a day as i do have a couple of other symptons like weight gain and am a bit on the hairy side but to be fair i am very dark so just think hair shows up more. My hubby has low motiliy in his sperm which we are trying to address but it has now been 4 years ttc with 2 rounds of ivf under belt and we are due a follwo up appointmnet next friday but due to getting funding my bmi has to be 30 or below and it is 30.4 and am panicking they wont touch us and i'm not sure what to do it's all getting so much. Does anyone else have pcos with any of the similar?

Replies

• Hi Mrs Smith,
    I hve PCOS but BMI is ok. I didn't want to r&r. I'm not sure what will happen with the appointment but it sounds like you are fairly close to the BMI target weight. Hopefully they can give you funding or failing that offer some advice and another appointment to help you secure the funding with a lower BMI.

There may be more people over in LTTC who may be able to help. Or failing that, the fertility friends forum is very busy and has an IVF section.

Hope that helps. Sending you luck xxx