Forum home Getting pregnant Conception & fertility problems

G/C for clomid success stories from you and your bumps x

Hi,

i have pcos and haven't been having any af's. I've been ttc for 12 months with nothing and was put on metformin in april.

I saw my consultant on tuesday of this week and she referred my for ovarian drilling with a view to starting clomid as soon as possible afterwards and failing that I'd be moved on to the gonatrophin (?) ijections pety quickly. On thursday I got tonsilitis and felt really poorly and lo and behold on friday my first natural period in 13 months came and surprised me . I was immediately put on 100mg clomid which I've taken days 2-6 (I'm also on antibiotics but have been told it's ok). I've decied not to temp chart or cbfm because I don't think I'd trust the reading anyway beause of my pcos.

I know it probably sounds ridiculous but all along I've had august in my head for seeing that bfp. It's not possible that I could have even ovulated yet but I've got an overwhelming feeling that this is my lucky break- everything would seem to slot in dates wise with being off for the summer hols, maternity etc and it ll seems a little to good to be true. I know I'm probably trying to run before I can walk and there's no guarantee of clomid working for my bfp or af and I so hope I don't end up having to eat my words shortly.

Anyway, I'm just wondering did anyone else get a gut feeling about it all. Amd please can you share some clomid success stories. i recognise a lot of you but can't remember who got pg on clomid. I guess having pma won't do me any harm.

Thanks for taking the time to read this and I hope you are enjying your longawaited and well deserved pregnancies xxx

Replies

• Hi Hon,

Im Clomid success, but only just! I fell on my 6th and final month. I have to say i was desperate to get started on clomid for obvious reasons but in actual fact it was prob my worst time ttc. I think i assumed once ovulating it would happen quickly, month after month i felt such a failure, esp after seeing people fall fairly quickly on it.

Not to put you off, just giving you a heads up, i did have some pretty awful symps, headaches, and very hormonal, also because i wasn't used to ovulation and the increased progesterone after ov, every month i was convinced id actually done it, i quite often had physical symptoms and used to think i was making it up, until i realized they were due to progesterone.

Also one other thing i wish i had known, another cruel symp is that it can often prolong your cycle making you late, so again you can convince yourself you've done it... hopefully your clinic will scan you at least the first month to see how you respond and then you will have an idea when you might ov, for me it was often around day 17 - 20 so i knew to have sex a bit later in the month, although over the 6 months my cycles did gradually get a bit shorter.

Overall i would used clomid again and i would recommend it to anyone in the same situation, but just remember it can take some time, lots of average couples take a good few months to fall naturally so once ovulating the same applies.

saying that, I really hope you dont have to wait too long for your BFP.

Let us know how your getting on.. Good Luck

Gem x

• HI Hope,
    I too suffer from PCOS and Clomid worked for me!

I was very lucky indeed, I was prescribed 50g after a 10 day course of Provera (to induce a bleed). I ov'd around CD 14/15 - I honestly couldn't believe it when I saw the smily face and got my BFP 12 days later!

Symptoms wise I was very lucky. I took my tablets at night and felt pretty normal throughout. We followed SMEP religiously and I took some cough mixture to improve EWCM.

I am a big fan and would defo use it again although I was very lucky only needing to use it once. While I was taking it I posted in Baby asking for Clomid success stories and got loads of positive replies so check out my other topics and GOOD LUCK!
    xx

PS I'm now 25+1!
  • Thanks for your replies Mrs Dao and Gem.

My hospital aren't using follicle tracking and I've only half-heartedly opk'd. I had to take 100mg days 2-6. I have a feeling that if it's worked that I ovulated really early. I'm only cd14 now but I think I ovulated last weekend. At the moment I've got an awful lot of cramps and shooting pains in my stomach (more so than my ovaries) and my stomach feels a bit tender to touch. I'm hoping the clomid is doing something but I'm not going to raise my hopes that it's implantation because I think it would be too early yet. We'll see xxx

My hospital aren't using follicle tracking and I've only half-heartedly opk'd. I had to take 100mg days 2-6. I have a feeling that if it's worked that I ovulated really early. I'm only cd14 now but I think I ovulated last weekend. At the moment I've got an awful lot of cramps and shooting pains in my stomach (more so than my ovaries) and my stomach feels a bit tender to touch. I'm hoping the clomid is doing something but I'm not going to raise my hopes that it's implantation because I think it would be too early yet. We'll see xxx

• Sounds promising, keep us updated!

Sending tons of baby dust!

Gem x
  • I agree, it does sound promising!!
    Keep bding and keep everything crossed.
    Sending tonnes of baby dust!
    xx
  • Thank you. I've got my fingers crossed. The sensations have eased up today but have been going strong for about 5 days and I've not been able to ignore them despite trying my best to. It's felt like a constant dull ache but then lots of random twinges and pains every now and again. I'm hopeful but keeping grounded. I'm not sure when to test but think I might start doing it early so it will make a bfn less of a blow. I go for my day 21 bloods on Thursday xx