Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Dec 07
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

nasty nurse

ryan had his second jabs today and slept through but let out a horrid squeal. it bled loads and ive got his blood on my clothes image
my heart broke when he cried

Replies

• Options
    Aaaawww poor Ryan!! Are you ok Holly? Its awful hearing our lo's scream, at least its all over for a few weeks. Lots of hugs for Ryan today. xxx
  • Options
    im ok thanks amy! isnt it horrible. yh 4 weeks til next lot. am gonna cuddle him all day.
    how is holly?? xxx
  • Options
    Awww, bless! Brendan is having his first lot after easter - they don't start them until they are 3 months old over here for some reason. I am not looking forward to it!! x
  • Options
    wow everything is different there, im glad that he has one more and thats it for a while. i gave ryan calpol and he is absolutely fine. playing as usual. hope brendan is ok and being good for mummyxxx
  • Options
    Im glad Ryan is ok, thank god for calpol eh? lol Holly is fine ta she has just had carrots and potatos for her lunch and is now looking for more!! I think she may be having a growth spirt god help me lol
    My oh has had to go away for a few days so its just Holly and I. Its very strange not having him here, this is the first time I have had Holly to myself!!
  • Options
    I'm glad everyones los seem to be ok... Bryn has got his 2nd lot of jabs tomorrow - he was a bit of a bleeder last time so I'm going prepared with plenty of tissue! (not to mention the calpol!) Its so horrible having to hold them knowing that that someone is going hurt them. Liz - I would be happier if they started the jabs later than they do - they seem so little to be injected with so much. x
  • Options
    Glad Ryan and the rest of our los are fine. Gracie has 2nd lot on Friday......
  • Options
    off too see a nasty nurse this pm for Marcus first set of Jabs image . I will let you know how we get on. we have calpol on stand by

Jillycat
  • Options
    good luck for friday gracie and ali, give the nurse evils, made me feel better. they dont even try to calm them do they?! or is it just me with a sadistic nurse image
  • Options
    aaw jillycat what a cutie!!
  • Options
    cheers holly ryan is looking cute in his bumbo seat.
  • Options
    aaw thanks...asu can see he is leaning to prop himself up lol
    loves sittin up so we bought it at the weekend, not really ready 4 it yet tho!
  • Options
    Oh poor Ryan. Coles next lot is next week and I don't want to have to take him!!

I wish they left them till later!

What a bunch of cuties on the new pics..I'm gonna have to change my pic!
  • Options
    our nurse is nice which sort of helps!? We're back at docs again this morn as he's now trying Gracie on lacto free milk - that's still coming up too - so not sure what he'll do today?! Not worried about her weight - she's looking much older than her 3 months!
    I need to find my camera lead still so i can change Gracie's pic - that one's so old!
    We can;t find our bumbo - it's blue too, as are nearly all her baby towels, but i don't think she minds too much!
    My hubby will be with me for the third x3 jabs but not this fri as he can't get off work just cos i'm a wuss!
  • Options
    tommy had his 16 weeks jabs today ,didnt realise his was having 3! when they did them he just stuck out his bottom lip and then cried for about 2 seconds until they did the next 2 which really upset him, i had 2 nurses today, they were a bit crazy but made me feel more relaxed though. well at least no more now until 12 months thank god. hope everyones little cuties are okay xx
  • Options
    Bryn was supposed to have his 2nd lot of jabs today but Fee is really poorly with an upset tum and I'm not sure Bryn is 100% either.... just sitting down for 5 min while they are both alseep (very unlike them both) .... I've booked Bryn in for his jabs on friday - I just hope they are both better by then! x
  • Options
    Amy has her 2nd lot of jabs next Tues and I'm dreading it as got to go on own again as oh can't get out of work - grrr
    Calpol at the ready!
  • Options
    Wish i hadn't read this thread now, Philip has his 2nd lot tomorrow and he bled lots with the first so think i might take a spare pair of trousers with me (for him!).

I just hope the silly nurse doesn't start shaking bells in his face again!!!

Do/have any of you given lo calpol before injections or have you waited will after? Not sure whether to pre-empt and give him some or wait and see whether he needs any, which he didn't last time.
  • Options
    Obi - what a great pic - got one just like that of bryn the other day before he started grumbling about being on his tummy! I hope Philip is okay today. I gave Bryn his calpol afterwards - mainly because I forgot to buy any beforehand! (Ooops - bad mother!) Not looking forward to his jabs tomorrow image - was hoping oh would look after Fee while I took him as she got really upset last time but apparently he's too busy! x
  • Options
    I'm gonna give Gracie some calpol afterwards as we'll go straight from dropping the boys off. She slept lots after so i'll see if she's grizzly before giving her any. My hv said they'd def need some for the 3rd lot as the three will hurt more (obviously!) than the 2. Especially as their legs are chunkier now!
    Poor bubbies x