Forum home General Chat General chat
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

pictures

Hi all,

Thought i would upload some recent pictures i have been taking of Hollie.

Sorry to bore you all, but i have nothing else to do the house is tidy and i am procrastinating instead of ironing. image
https://us.v-cdn.net/6030864/uploads/ForumPostImages/1_014_%28Medium%29.jpg

Hollie looking very pleased with her present, all her other presents took a back seat and she wouldnt even get off to open it properly.
https://us.v-cdn.net/6030864/uploads/ForumPostImages/1_015_%28Medium%29.jpg

Hollie's christmas morning breakfast.......chocolate!!!
https://us.v-cdn.net/6030864/uploads/ForumPostImages/1_016_%28Medium%29.jpg

Hollie on her new bed!
https://us.v-cdn.net/6030864/uploads/ForumPostImages/1_020_%28Medium%29.jpg

Filling my old boots with potatoes under the stairs!
https://us.v-cdn.net/6030864/uploads/ForumPostImages/1_017_%28Medium%29.jpg

Hollies bed!!!
http://www.practicalparenting.co.uk/members/images/36/Gallery/1000_%28Medium%29.jpg

Fast asleep on her fire engine, she still had her feet on the pedals so it was still reving into the fire guard lol!
http://www.practicalparenting.co.uk/members/images/36/Gallery/1_019_%28Medium%29.jpg

My 10 week bump, shocking as i wasnt this big until 20 weeks with Hollie.

Replies

• Options
    Lovely pictures,Karen.Isn't Hollie looking grown up.Love the fire engine.Dressing gowns really cute.Where's it from.Looking for a nice girly one.
    How grown up,a big girl bed.How's that going?
  • Options

Hi Jo,

The dressing gown was given to us as a present when she was born but they got a ridiculously big size so it is only just fitting her now. It is lovely though it is a disney one from BHS and has a hood with winnie the pooh ears on it. I have seen a few nice girly ones in BHS though, so that may be worth a try.

The bed is going ok, we have changed her bedtime an hour earlier which although it messed her up for a few days seems to be working well. She isnt sleeping too well at the moment though as she is cutting some more teeth and is full of cold with a horrible cough which keeps waking her up because she chokes with it. But she does love her bed and climbs in there in the day to read books lol.

Hollie is fire engine mad though, propably something to do with Ians influence. He bought her a remote control fire engine for christmas too which squirts water and she loves that one too. Lol not a girly girl at all!

• Options
    Hope Hollie's better soon.Lots of nasty colds and coughs about.We're actually cold free for the first time in months,touch wood,except me.Think I've had one this whole pregnancy.
    I'm thinking of getting a little bed since Arwen's in and out of her cot all evening.Found her in Arthurs bed last night.
    Love the fire engines,so much more fun than Barbie
  • Options

they are great pics karen, hollies changed loads. how grown up!! love her bed. we were thiking of taking the sides off taras cot this weekend, but like hollie, shes got a really chesty cough which i think is hurting her throat, because as soon as she coughs, it wakes her up and she cant get back to sleep.

the pic of hollie asleep on the fire engine is adorable, how funny. hope you are well

xxxx

• Options

Lovely photos Karen image 

Hollies bed is so cute and loving that pic of her on her fire engine image

Your bump is coming along fab too - I would take one of my belly but think mines just fat image maybe i'll do a 12 week stage one LOL

• Options

Karen, Lovely photos, Hollie is really growing up. Nice bump pic too.

Sarah your bump will be here soon, they just show sooner when you have had kids already. image

Pauline x

• Options

Fantastic pics Karen!! I love the one of her asleep on her fire engine!!

She's a real cutie xx

• Options

Thanks Jo, i hope she gets better soon too then we can all sleep a little. Although medised helped her sleep through her coughing fits last night and she did make 7 hours in her bed before screaming for us. It is just horrible to watch her coughing because she loses her breath and looks so scared and then cries harder because she is scared at not being able to breathe.

Yes thankyou Kas i am well, just tired but we will get there soon. Hope Tara is better soon, it is horrible to see them suffering. Hollie is the same too she is very hard to settle after a coughing fit and so ends up in with us lying on my chest.

Thanks Mel, i am actually looking forward to a bigger bump this time. I hated not showing with Hollie, even when i was overdue not many people could tell i was pregnant and especially not from the back.

Sarah, i was the same with Hollie i just put weight on but didnt develop a bump until later on. Hope you are well. Have you had a scan date yet? I have my booking in appt finally on tues, the mw is coming to the house to see us.

Thanks Pauline, it is scary how quick she is growing up. I was looking at pictures today and she has changed so much. And her hair is finally growing, woohoo!!!

• Options

karen she is such a cutie! i love her fire engine, jacks has a green tractor which he absolutley loves, its great seeing a little girl with better interests than just the usual dolls pink etc

Your bump is looking really cute, i felt huge with lola compared to jack but i did go an extra 3 1/2 wks with her!

Hope all the little ones with colds etc are better soon my two are snot and horrible coughs, its so sad to see!

karen weve just ordered jacks a toddler bed as we want lola to use his cotbed and things are already getting snug in the crib....im anxious to see how hell be as hes taken to screaming at bedtime, and i slightly rearranged his room so his new bed would be in a better postion as his cot was stuck out in to the room and thats caused a huge tantrum even though i kept ihim in the room while i moved stuff so it wasnt a shock to him! x

• Options
    oh wow am loveing the fire engin i want one it looks like so much fun
  • Options

Jade Hollie loves it and is forever dragging it out of the corner to play on it.

Laura, hope it goes well with Jack in his new bed. I took Hollie into the room too when i pulled the cot down and put the bed up so she didnt get a huge shock. Luckily the bed is in the same place as the cot used to be so she isnt too bad about going in there. She has been going in asleep since it has been up because with her cold we havent been able to put her in there without her being asleep first.  (she is very clingy at the moment). But last night she woke up as i was putting her in and cried for 10 seconds then fell asleep, a lot less screaming than if it had been her cot.

• Options
    Great pics Karen. Love the one in her dressing gown she looks so cute. Love the fire engine can understand why she didn't want to get off it1
  • Options

Lovely pics Karen! Hollie is looking so grown up! It's actually quite scary to think how quickly they are growing up, isn;t it?

Her bed looks fab, very girly!!! We have put our bed up, but its in a different room which is full of stuff and until i get some storage sorted out she is staying put! There is far too much stuff there to distract her from sleeping!!! 

• Options

Hi Karen, fab pictures of Hollie, her bed is nice. I keep toying with the idea of moving Kai to a bed but he wriggles about so much and gets in the strangest positions when he's asleep, I just know he'll end up on the floor every night! Is the soft toy dog on her bed from BHS? Kai has the same one but with a blue scarf, its called Dexter and he always has him in the cot with him when he has his daytime nap, I give him a book and tell him to read Dexter a story till he falls asleep!

Laura- Kai was the same when i moved furniture round in his room, screamed for hours that night!

• Options
    Karen love the pics of Hollie,she looks all grown up,like the chocci brekki. You have quite a dinky bump at the mo. Keep the bump pics updated.