Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

ugh i feel sick with jealousy!

a girl i work with (and really like by the way) has announced today that she is pregnant... i am so so happy for her... genuinley so, but i feel sick with jealousy for myself. i know she has been trying for ages, but i want a baby... i just ache to be pregnant and be a mummy!

is it just me? we seem to be really succesful on TTC chat at the moment so i hope i am not the only 1 left!!feel really really miserable today

Replies

• Aww Hugs Mrs Beck- I know how you feel- recently, several of my friends have had babies and I am sooooooooo jealous image I work in a Pharmacy so I see loads of babies everyday and it makes me want to cry!!!!

Sending you tons of baby dust and lots of hugs!!!Keep your chin up image xXx
  • Hay, I came on BE this afternoon and saw the fab bfp posts and cryed for 10 mins just because i am so so so jealous and i hate myself and i really am happy for the bfp as everyone should have there bfp on there but i want to stomp my foot and say '' i want mine now '' image

You are not alone (((hugs))) we will have our bfp's very soon xx

http://www.bump-and-beyond.com/36/3626/362670.png

Month 16 TTC #2
  • ur not the only one hun x chinu up i know how u feel got babies coming out my ear'oles and the moment, unfortunately not my own tho x
  • glad i'm not alone
  • You're definitely not alone hun, chin up xx
  • You're not alone honey. The other day I was so jealous of a pregnant woman in the queue ahead of me that I got all hot and suddenly had this vision of me pulling her hair!!! How shameful. I didn't do it by the way!
  • You're not alone hun. One of my best friends sits next to me at work and she is 17 weeks pregnant tomorrow, i feel awful feeling sooo jealous as she fell pregnant after only three months of trying whereas its taking me a year to just get my periods back....im gutted but oh sooo happy for her. I completely understand where you're coming from - I also have three other friends who have announced they're pregnant too xxx
  • You're not alone hun. One of my best friends sits next to me at work and she is 17 weeks pregnant tomorrow, i feel awful feeling sooo jealous as she fell pregnant after only three months of trying whereas its taking me a year to just get my periods back....im gutted but oh sooo happy for her. I completely understand where you're coming from - I also have three other friends who have announced they're pregnant too xxx
  • I feel the same hun! I am happy for people but i wish it was my turn soon.....
    xx
  • thats the worst thing Mrs Lolly.... my friend has been trying for ages (about 10 months before BFP) and i am still begrudging!!!
    what a horrible person i am... i really am happy for her though!

told hubs and he said... "well... now we know you cycle has settled down we better get trying ready for ovulation hadn't we..." and i felt so guilty... thats how much i have drummed it in to him. he is so determined it will be this month!
  • Dont worry Mrs Beck - its normal you feel like that when you want something so much - nobody would think any less of you for feeling the way you do....thats why this forum is great to vent what you feel like!!!!!

The good thing is that you are happy for her too, so dont beat yourself up about it hun. If you ever wanna chat you know where I am xx
  • you're not alone hun, we all feel the same xx
  • thank you, its such a releif to know that there is someone out there who knows how you feel.
    it doesn't help that there are people out there who assume that hubs and i should be PG by now as we got married in july.
    not even just older generation - just want people to give me a break so i can do it quietly and then surprise them when it does happen
  • Hey sweetie

You're not alone! It will happen for you - sending you (((((hugs)))) and lots of PMA.

I know how you feel, my friend got pregnant last year as a drunken mistake, then decided not to keep the babby - at least it was a happy suprise for the girl at work.

Don't feel guilty about feeling jealous hun, its only natural xxx
  • ask them wombat girl... you may find that they all have!
    i KNOW this girl has been trying all those things and it was just a matter of time... she did nothing different this month!

it has made me feel better to get it off my chest!
  • I know how you're feeling, although slightly different circumstances. I was 5 months pregnant in Sep and my son was stillborn, there were 6 of us at work all due around the same time. And now i'm standing by watching them all go on maternity leave and get there gifts. My son was due in 2 weeks and it's going to be hard!!

I'm now back in the TTC category and want it so much!!! But the ladies in here are fabulous and give out lots of PMA!!

Good luck, hope you get your BFP soon xx

http://lt1f.lilypie.com/7yMv.png

• Hi,

Dotty - I'm so sorry for what happened - I can't begin to imagine what you went through and what you are going through. I hope that you have success soon.

Mrs Beck, don't worry, coming on here is where you can be truthful and not be judged (unlike other forums where I got slated for what I'm about to say). My sil fell pregnant (due in March) and as happy and pleased I am for them both, when I found out, I had a smile plastered on my face and as soon as I got in the car I wept and was unconsolable. My oh didn't understand, in the end I was sat in a graveyard (I always find them peaceful and you won't get distrurbed) crying to my mum (I'm in my 30's). I couldn't see her for a while, but everytime I went to MIL she was soooo excited about her first grandchild and I had to sit and look at and discuss prams and baby stuff with her - it broke my heart. But although I do have the occasional pang, it gets getter and I have the excuse to buy baby things for her.

Fingers crossed for everyone in here and our time will come!!
    xxx
  • Thanks arls0308, You won't get slated on here for that, we're all only human. I've been guilty of looking at other pregnant women and thinking why me, and not them, but i wouldn't wish it upon anyone. Just as I wouldn't wish on anyone not to be able to have children. I try to look on the bright side, I have a 9 yr old son who is wonderful and I will have another child.

You're right, our time will come and hopefully it will be this month!! Baby dust to all xx
  • Know how you feel the girle at my work is pregnant she drops feb10 and i so want what she has . Its so nice on her for the fact you dont grt juged you can have a moarn and a cry and you dont get tha patrernising look (sorry carnt spell that word) you can ask those questions that some times want the ground to open you up and its good advice.x
  • Hi ladies, I just thought I would share my story from a different perspective, I'm not sure if it is relevent.
    I am 4 months pregnant. My sister in law has been trying for a baby for longer than we were and desperatly wants to be a mummy. She will make such a fantastic mum and I was really nervous about telling her when we found out. I phoned her straight away as she is also my best friend.

When I told her she went very quiet, said congratulations and passed the phone to her brother. She text me that night saying how happy she was for us but also how jealous she felt and that she just wanted time to get her head around it.
    I felt so bad as I know she wants it so much.

Now her and her husband are still trying, she comes over every few weeks to see bump and has brought loads of baby stuff for us. Its taken her a while but she is now just as excited as I am.

I guess what I am trying to say is, Dont feel bad for feeling jealous. Its so natural and understandable.
    I hope you all get BFP's really soon xxx