Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in May 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Maternity leave

Has anyone else started to think about maternity leave yet?

I work full time in an office and although the work I do isn't strenuous the days are long and I'm shattered by the time I get home, like most of us are I'm sure. (I also have to work every other saturday morning as extra)

Sooo, I was thinking of working up until 8 months but having the odd day off mid week up to then to break up the week. What does everyone think?

This is my first so I'm unsure what to expect!!!

xxx

Replies

• Options
    I'm self employed so going to see how I get on. Would love to be able to work up to the end but don't think that's realistic so just going to see how I feel. I'll need to let my clients know of course but I'm easily replaceable so don't think they'll mind. Lol xx
  • Options
    I work full time, I'm considering working up until Easter which will be 6 weeks before I'm due and then having 2 weeks holiday before starting maternity leave after that. I have to get 3 tube trains and I'm finding it annoying enough at the moment let alone when I'm bigger!

This could all be based on the fact that I'm itching to leave work already!!
  • Options
    The first time I was pregnant I worked until 37.5 weeks ( was working full time too). Too 2 weeks holiday then maternity started 2 days before due date lol! It was hard work but worth it to get the extra time at end of maternity leave with baby. Am hoping to do the same this time, am currently working 4 days a week. But with a toddler to look after too don't know if it's realistic! X
  • Options
    I worked to 38 weeks last time and C was born at 41. I was so bored. I'm gonna work til 40 weeks this time. I can only have 3 months off with baba (financial reasons) so I'm going to take it all on the 'baby side' rather than the 'bump side'. Being a teacher I can't store up holiday!
  • Options
    I finished 10 weeks early with my dd but that's due to my dad dying. I'll be working up to about 36 weeks this time I think. X