Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Mar 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Bully boss will be back!

I'm off sick at the moment because of some pains in my tum last week!

On Wednesday last week my manager (I'm assistant manager) rang me to check on me and tell me she's handing her notice in! Unfortunately, the previous manager who was utterly vile to me for the time we worked together hates her new role and wants desperately to return to my store. She eats the area managers ass and he does hers and I know she will get what she wants! If she comes back I genuinely don't know what it is I can do .... She rings the store now and refuses to speak to me which is just bullying from afar in my eyes and I honestly cannot work with her! The area manager knows we don't get on but I know he wont care about that cuz he wants to keep her in the company!

I've been signed off with stress and exhaustion because of the crazy hours I'm expected to work and if she comes back my stress levels will go off the chart- she intimidates me horrifically and I nearly handed my notice in before because of her!

I don't know what I can do... Any advice??

Replies

• Options
    G/C but it sounds like an unsuited job to me. You can't 'assist' a manager that refuses to talk to you rationally. If your area manager isn't listening then you need to take your grievance higher up to the company director. As for your hours, whilst pregnant your employer is legally obliged to 'risk assess' your working environment & you have the right to ask for flexible working hours so that you can avoid 'rush hour' travel & other stresses.
  • Options
    Yes I agree take it higher and like Kazzie said you have more rights when pregnant so take advantage of them, have to look after your health.
  • Options
    I think the issue was if I was going to bring these things up formally I should have done it when she they happened but I didn't realise that it was the case until a new manager came! I was new to the company and thought I was useless, and I wasn't picking it up!

I don't know, my other half thinks that I'm mad, that's its only a couple of months of working with her bit for me it's making me think I might aswell quit now!