Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Apr 2012

what foods will you miss at xmas??

with all 3 of my pregnancys iv been pregnant over xmas's!! and each time all i want more than anything is pate on toast!! mmmmm, i tried to see if there was any safer versions but nope lol! thought it would be fun to see what you will all be missing and craving this xmas??? hope you all have a great one!!! image

Replies

• Definitely Brie and Stilton! My sis is pregnant too so on Christmas day we can winge ttogether!
  • I LOVE stilton - and will really be missing that this year image
  • I know, I wasn't pregnant at xmas last time so didn't feel so hard done by but seems you miss more things at xmas. Agreeing the starter in our house has been a bit of a battle... no pate, no baked soft cheese, no posh caviar etc. Figure if i can't have it, why should anyone else! hehe

Also i don't eat Brie any other time of year but bacon and brie roll is what i want more than anything and grrrr!!!!
  • Soft cheese and pate, having more than one glass of champagne on new year's eve.... I'm really fancying a prawn cocktail at the moment too.

Only 4 more months to go and then my fridge is going to look like a cheese shop.
  • Im craving Pate on crusty bread so much! Christmas will be difficult!! :lol:
  • Brie mainly, Mmmm do like pare tho! Prob Miss having a few drinks more than anything. Not complaining tho, loving being pregnant (well most of the time!) X
  • G/C for DI March. I will miss having more than one glass of wine.

Think I will still have a prawn cocktail. Prawns are already cooked so will be ok.

Also, soft cheese like philly is ok. I am sure you can have cheese like stilton and apricots but not blue cheese or anything with a rind on it but not too keen on those anyway. If cheese is baked should be ok too, i.e. goats cheese or stilton. Just check with midwife if not sure or your purple book.

Chocs are ok so just fill up on those!!