Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Nov 2012
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

whooping cough vaccine

Is anyone else having this vaccine? I'm booked in tomorrow afternoon for mine! x

Replies

• Hi - yes, booked in for next week.  Getting the flu jab at the same time. x

• Yes I had mine on Tue image Got my flu booked in for next Sat x

• I've got my flu jab tomorrow but not got a date for whooping cough yet. They are doing a clinic at the hospital for the preggos so just have to wait and hope I get it in time! xx

• I have mine tomorrow. Not booked the flu jab as had a throat virus and then a bad cold. Can't face feeling more crappy than i already do! Cold so slow to shift. X
  • I ended up having mine yesterday when I went for my flu jab as the nurse offered it. Sore arms now!xx
  • Hi ladies - I'm due both immunisations on Saturday, but met up with my pregnant friend this week who reacted really badly to the flu one - was up shaking and shivering all night - so just be prepared that you may have some symptoms afterwards.  Hopefully not! x

• I didn't feel poorly but bruised with both and the bruising is still here a week later. The whooping cough one was quite itchy too for a few days and bruised worse than the flu. It's quite ugly! I've never had issues with jabs before and get the flu jab every year as I'm asthmatic, I think pregnancy makes us more susceptible. I saw my mw today and she said a lot of ladies had reported feeling poorly after their flu jab xx
  • Glad i didn't get the flu jab as from Friday i have had blocked Sinuses and after 4nights with no sleep due to the pain in my face i am now on antibiotics. The pain was so bad i would have much rather been in labour lol! Roll on Saturday image