Forum home Article comments

Talkback: Your baby sleep questions answered

Replies

• My 9 month LO normally goes to sleep with a dummy but goes off on his on, however he wakes 2 times a night to have his dummy put back in. Yesterday we went cold turkey without the dummy all day which was fine until he woke up at 1:30am and couldn't get back to sleep so cried for an hour before eventually going back off. Any advice on how to get my LO back to sleeping through the night? He used to go through fine without a dummy but became more reliant on the dummy from when he was poorly & teething.
  • After buying a toddler bed 2 months ago for our daughter (20 months), transition from the crib was great. She loves sleeping there, but we are facing with two issues now that we want to correct as soon as possible.

First problem is waking up during the night and going out of the bed. Usually it is around 1-2 AM, and she would come straight to our room. We would either take her back, or put her in our bed if we are very exhausted. We started giving her milk thinking she is hungry, but with or without milk, it would take us spending 30-60 min every time putting her back to sleep again. She goes to bed around 8 PM, having dinner around 7 PM and milk just before sleep. Most of the time diapers are not full, so this is not the reason.

The second problem we believe is related to the first one. She is not able to put her-self back to sleep! She was a great baby with good sleeping habits until around 15 months when she got high temperature for a week and we would sleep with her. Now she would normally fall a sleep just fine after reading a book to her, but if we try to go out of the room before she fells a sleep, she would start moaning and coming out of the bed every time. She had her favorite sleeping cap, we tried with a doll, but still not able to fell a sleep by her self.

Any solution?
  • My 9 month LO normally goes to sleep with a dummy but goes off on his on, however he wakes 2 times a night to have his dummy put back in. Yesterday we went cold turkey without the dummy all day which was fine until he woke up at 1:30am and couldn't get back to sleep so cried for an hour before eventually going back off. Any advice on how to get my LO back to sleeping through the night? He used to go through fine without a dummy but became more reliant on the dummy from when he was poorly & teething.