Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

A little update from me * sensitive*

Just a little update fro me ladies. It's a little sensitive so don't read on if you think it'll upset you. 

I've been to see the consultant this morning and she had the post mortem results and our blood results.

The baby had downs syndrome and they're sure that's why the baby didn't survive.  There were no other physical abnormalities present, they know it was downs from the tissue samples. They have said that our bloods were clear for hereditary disorders and that this was just a "one off". We are only a slightly higher risk of this happening again, of 1%. I guess it is the best news we could hope for from a very sad situation- we at least know why it happened and that it isn't something hereditary.

So, this all means that we can TTC again.  She has said that if/when we get pregnant again that we can speak to her and she will arrange for scans at 8 and 11 weeks and then any screening as neccesary. It reassures me a bit that at least it might get picked up earlier if it was to happen again.

Thanks to you all over the last few months, I couldn't have got through it without you all.

Replies

• Hello lovely, I was thinking of you just the other day. Glad you have been told that you can TTC with very low risk. Still so sorry that you had to go through this. Hope you and yourH are ok xxxx

• That's so sad, Imp, but in terms of future plans it sounds a lot more positive than it could have been. Hope you're feeling not too bad x

• Thanks guys.

BE- You've got a honeydew. eeek!

• I know! Went shopping on Tuesday and bought a Honeydew....slightly scary! Xx

• I'm really glad you have a proper answer. Lots of love. Xxx

• Hi Imp,

I've been thinking about you and H.

It must have been so hard to hear the results, but I am so pleased it was the best possible outcome of a heart breaking situation.

I hope the past few months have been ok for you both and that you now have hope.

My hope for you is to have a healthy baby in 2014 and I will be keeping my eyes peeled for your BFP.

Sending you much love and hugs xxx

• Glad you have some answers and lots of positive vibes for when you are ready to TTC again x

• Oh lovey, thanks for updating. I look for your posts (in a non-stalkerish way) so I knew you had your app today. I'm glad you have answers and as you say that there's no hereditary reason for the heartache you've been through. I really miss you on here and as Mrs P says, if I can have one wish, it's for you to get your bfp when your both ready and be back on here and expecting your healthy little baby.

I'm glad you will have support from the hospital in terms of early scans and screening.

Love and hugs from me xx

• Thanks everyone.

Mrs P & MDD You have made me cry- you're both so lovely and I miss you both so so much! I hope you're both doing well, I haven't been able to keep up with your prgoress, which I'm sure you'll understand but I do think of you all from time to time.

BE- Why scare yourself, avoid all melon from now on!

• MrsP and MDD have worded their posts beautifully, totally agree with what they say xxx

• I completely understand E. I'm also just back at my desk from the loo as I was welling up and had to go sort myself out! I'm a blubbering mess!

I can only begin to imagine how you've been feeling but I hope this helps you both move on and start trying again when your ready and I know I (along with everyone else!) will be here for you for all the hand holding and support you need xx

• Thanks for updating us lovely. So very sad but glad you have an answer. I am sending you all my love and luck for your onward TTC journey xxxxx

• I'm glad you and some answers and can now look forward. I'll be keeping everything crossed for a BFP soon and the most boring, straightforward pregnancy of anyone.

• Hello mrs

i think about you all the time and did wonder if you had the results as yet, as the others have said i am sorry that you have had to go through this but at least now you know, i pray that your run of bad luck is now over and hope to see you on here soon sharing some great news

Love and miss you always x

• Big hugs to you Imp.  You've been through so much that, although it is a sad time, it's good to hear that you have answers to what happened.  I hope everything goes well for you with your future TTC and that you don't have to wait to long. xx

• Ah Imp lovely. I'm another that was waiting to hear from you. I can't even begin to imagine what you and your H have been through over recent weeks and months. Sending big hugs your way. xxx

• Thankyou for updating us lmp x

I am pleased you have some answers and I am sending you lots and lots of baby dust for a 2014 baby! xxx

• I have also been wondering how you were getting along. Glad you have some more information and have the green light to TTC again.

I know its going to be scary for you to TTC again but I really hope to see your BFP and you have a very straight forward pregnancy next time. I'm glad they are offering you more scans as it does definitely help to reassure you. xx

• Oh Imp. I'm really not sure what to say. I hope you get your BFP soon x