Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Update on rockclimbingtigger and J

Hi all,

You asked that I kept you informed so here I am.

We managed to get J home on Sunday and had three fabulous days as a family. Things went downhill early hours of Thursday morning.

About 2am he stopped breathing and we had to resuscitate him using the training we had been given. He came into our local children's ward yesterday. Overnight he became more unwell and started to fit. He has been reintubated (put on a breathing machine) and we are being transferred back to Nottingham QMC PICU. They think he has bronchiolitis. We are likely to be in a while as he needs a lot of support on the ventilator.

My daughter E who's 3 has broken her foot and is hobbling around in a cast just to make my week complete.

Nothing on fb yet to those who know me as there are family we need to get hold of first. Any magical md vibes appreciated and I'll update when I can for those interested. It may be a little intermittent as obviously I have other things to worry about! There are a few on here that know me on fb who can update.

Thanks all.

Rct xx

Replies

• Options

Apologies for post - there were paragraphs when I wrote it. Must be as I'm on a mobile xx

• Options

Saw your FB update the other day, and just can't believe how scary it must have been for you.  So sorry you're going through all this just after getting J home, and poor E, hope she's coping with her cast ok xx

• Options

Loads of positive vibes for J, E and you RCT, what a difficult time. Hope your stay in hospital is not too long xx

• Options

Thank you for updating.  Lots of vibes that his stay in hospital isn't too long and that E's foot is better soon xx

• Options

So sorry he's having more difficulties, I hope he recovers quickly. Lots of get well vibes your way xx

• Options

Oh RCT I'm so sorry that J's time at home didn't last long! Lots of vibes to you all xxx

• Options

Lots of vibes for you all, I hope he doesn't have to stay in hospital for too long xx

• Options

I didn't realise he'd been intubated. I Hope the transfer hoes smoothly. You'll find PICU very different to NICU. I hope you have accommodation and are managing to eat and drink and rest. Lots of love xxx

• Options

So sorry rct, I'm sending loads of vibes that he is on the mend very soon. Sounds like a truly horrendous time, hope things improve soon x

• Options

I'm sorry to hear this, it must have been so frightening. I hope he's better soon and that E recovers quickly as well. Thank you for updating, hope to hear a positive update soon xxx

• Options

So sorry to hear this RCT, tons of vibes your way. I hope he can be home again soon, and E's foot recovers quickly!

Please do keep us posted, we think about you lots x

• Options
    Gosh what a fright for you all...I sending you loads of vibes x
  • Options

So sorry you're going through all this RCT. I hope J's well and home soon xx

• Options

So sorry you're going through all of this. I hope baby gets well soon and is home before again you know it! xx

• Options

Sending all my vibes to your family xx

• Options

How scary rct, I hope that little rct gets over this quickly and that by intubating him he's getting a bit of a rest so his body can fight off any infection. Look after yourself xx

• Options

So sorry you're having to go through this. Sending loads of vibes for J and for E's foot too. Hope J is well and home soon x

• Options
    Sending love and vibes x
  • Options

So sorry you're having to go through this, but hopefully he'll be home again soon xxxxx

• Options

Sending a truckload of vibes to your little bundle xx