Forum home Babies Baby

March 2017 Babies

Hello.

This is a new thread for the lovely folks from our Due in March 2017 Birth Club who have all given birth to an equally lovely baby – hurray! – and we reckon you deserve a shiny new thread to chat on. (We suspect one or two of you are still to give birth - but please do come on over and join in).

If you've not been part of the Due in March 2017 Birth Club so far but have just had a baby (born March 2017), do please feel free to post and join in. They're a lovely, friendly lot! 

And to kick this thread off, we've got a fabulous aden + anais Winnie the Pooh print classic swaddle to send to everyone who joins this thread in the next week or so, so get posting! 

*aden + anais Disney baby classic swaddles RRP £15 per muslin, combines breathability and versatility with 100% viscose made from bamboo. The swaddles are perfect as a pram cover, burp cloth, nursing cover and more.

Replies

• Yay a new thread!😁 My March baby, Corin, is nearly three weeks old today I can't believe how the time is flying! Im loving the baby cuddles but not so much the broken nights. He's pretty good though☺️imageimage

And his big brother, William, adores him which definitely makes life easier!💙

• Good to see you here BethyO, nice to hear you are settling in well🙂

Here's Shawn at 3wks wieghing almost 10lbs. He's changing everyday, funny how time flies. He loves having a bath and dislikes when you take your time during diaper change. 

• Omg Sharyoh he is adorable!😍 Yep Corin also complains during nappy changing x

Here is baby Arthur (as we finally decided to name him) a few days ago.

I didn't realise how emotionally tough I would find the first few weeks, particularly with the sleep deprivation, but I've had lots of support and Arthur is in good shape and has already exceeded his birth weight at 10 days old so we must be getting something right! 

Arthur agrees with Corin and Shawn that nappy changes are something to cry about!

Hope everyone is getting on ok and that the last few babies will be home soon x 

• image Hey girls glad to see all your babies are doing well 😍 There all adorabl!! 

Harper doesn't like nappy changes or getting dressed, but enjoys a bath😂

heres both my babies, think there definatly competing with each other for hospital stays and visits but there both worth the trouble 🎀🎀 

• It's good to see all your babies doing good 

I know Jackson was only born on Monday but he's already decided he also dislikes nappy changes 

He got out of his incubator today 6back in a cot so that's a step in the right direction now we just need his feeding to improve again and he can come back to me as his infection has started to come down 

• So lovely to see all your babies and updates! 

Wonderful news Forever0lost, so glad to hear Jackson is improving. 
    LizzyO that pics of Arthur snoozing is gorgeous. Lovely to hear from you too. 
    Paige your girls are so adorable! Did you make any headway with getting referred to another hosp? 
    sharyoh, that's a cracking weight gain for Shawn. 
    Bethyo, look at that pic of all your boys - that's a framer for sure! 

So, how are you all coping with all the visitors? 

• ForeverOlost - that's a good sign, hopefully he'll start to feed better for you. We struggled with Harper as she was so sleepy from the antiboitics she was only taking 25-30mls. 

DanielleMFM - Thankyou :) and no not yet, waiting to get a doctors appointmen, it's so hard in this town To get in to see the good ones. It's like a 4 week Waiting list. X 

• Hi everyone, we just wanted to let you know about a new product test we've just kicked off. It's for the new range of Baby Dove Rich Moisture products and if you're chosen to take part, you could also win a £100 voucher for your feedback. 

Find out all about it on this thread here.  

• imageimageimage

Effie was a month old on Tuesday! She is a very good girl-only wakes once in the night/morning (between 5-6am) and is generally a happy little girl! She used to hate having her nappy changed but she loves naked time now!lol.She has developed baby acne this week :(:( but she's still super beautiful-and has started smiling!!

• Aedie, Effie sure has a beautiful smile.

forever0lost, how is Jackson doing?

Danielle; thanks, I didn't want him to loose any weight after birth so I kept to 2-3 hourly breastfeeding the first 2weeks. He's used to that now🙂

• Paige how did you feel when harper wasn't feeding good ? When Jackson doesn't take much I feel really bad. I know it's not my fault and I can't do anything about it but I feel like he's my baby I should be able to get him to feed. 

Aedie effie is super cute. 

Sharyoh Jackson infection is coming down so going in the right direction and he's had a few good feeds today but the last one didn't go well x

• Aedie, she looks so cute smiling 😍🎀

ForeverOlost- I felt really bad because me n my boyfriend would try for an hour to get her to take more because the nicu were telling us she should be taking 70mls and we were struggling to hit 30mls. it also worried me she'd start to lose more then 10% of her birth weight and we would be stuck in there longer. Luckily she started to take a bit more each feed we're now at 80-100mls at 2 weeks old. 

• There are some feeds Jackson will only take 20  - 30ml so not great. He took 50 ml two feeds in a row this morning then docs said they want him up to 60ml and the  next feed he only took 35ml so the rest had to go through tube but the next feed he took the full 60ml and I really didn't think he would. 

When he has a feed that doesn't go well I feel so useless cause I can't get him to take it but I know it's cause he's on antibiotics and I know he's improving so trying not to worry and get upset but it's still hard

• Yeah just stay positive. Do you know how much longer he's got antiboitics for? I found the day before harpers finished her feeding improved so much. she wasn't hitting the 70ml but was nearly getting there. Have they weighed him since to check if hes lost any weight? Xx 

• His last antibiotic should be Sunday night unless he needs extra but I don't think he will as he's doing so good. His 2 feeds through the night he took his full 60ml from bottle and his morning 1 he took 70ml even though he was only expected to do 60ml so that's good. He seems so much more alert today so think he's starting to feel better himself. I just hope it keeps up x

• Aww that's a good sign :) glad he's starting to drink more! 

fingers crossed it won't be long and he'll be home. 💙

• Jackson has been taking all his feeds today 😀 and so now he's out of the neo natal ward and back in the room with me. He's still getting antibiotics until late Sunday. But just happy to have him in my room again x

How is everyone else getting on with your little ones ? X

• Arthur and I were discharged by the midwife team today so have been handed over to the health visitor.

He was really unsettled last night, I think with a gassy tummy - hoping it was just a one off and that he settles better tonight - I am tired! 

I'm still struggling a bit with the baby blues and OH goes back to work on Monday. At least he'll have two 4-day weeks to start with because of the easter weekend. And my mum will be coming round to help me. Hoping to start enjoying being a mum a bit more soon...

Loving everyone's pics! I don't seem to have any of Arthur where he's not asleep - he is definitely not always asleep! Looking forward to when he starts smiling :) And Forever0lost, that's great that Jackson seems to be on the mend - hopefully you'll be home in no time!

• LizzyO bless you,I know how you feel! If I'm completely honest I had the baby blues for the first two weeks and I really felt like I was just going through the motions.I was tired and upset over nothing and just didn't feel myself at all.Coupled with the fact that we moved from Wales where I had lived all my life and my family and friends are,to my partners town in England, i felt a bit lost.HOWEVER,one day I woke up and I just felt better.Three weeks on and I feel myself again and everything just feels a lot easier,I'm getting out and going to baby classes and making new mammy friends too which has helped. I don't think I realised how much this first month would play with my hormones,I always thought I would just fall into my mother role like a duck to water but I guess everything takes a little time :)