Forum home Product Tests Sponsored discussions

Tell English Heritage which Get Hands-on with History event you’d take your child to. Voucher to win

Hello.

English Heritage hold 100s of children’s events each year, throughout the school holidays, across more than 30 wonderful sites, all over England. This half term, there are 14 special ‘Get Hands-on with History’ events for children. 

English Heritage would like you tell us which of their ‘Get Hands on with History’ events would you like to take your child to, tell us how old your child is, and why they would love it. You can see all the events here. 

All you need to do is post on this thread, which of the ‘Get Hands on with History’ events would you like to take your child to (and their age), and why they would love it. Everyone who posts their chosen and event and reason why their child would love it, will be entered into a prize draw to win a £200 Amazon voucher, to get everything you need for a family adventure!

We'll keep this thread open until Friday 8 June 2018, and we'll announce the winner's name a few days later.

This discussion is sponsored by English Heritage . Terms & conditions apply. Please note that comments and pictures you post here may be used by English Heritage in future marketing material.

Replies

• Dracula at Whitby Abbey, North Yorkshire - because my 8yo daughter loves gory things and the whole family would enjoy this. 

• I would love to take my DD to Dracula at Whitby Abbey. She likes all things  gothic and we both absolutely love visiting Whitby. 

• The joust tournament at Beeston Castle, my kids would love it, it would be like stepping back in time for them 

• We'd enjoy the Kite Festival at Scarborough Castle, North Yorkshire on the 27th to 29th of May. I love English Heritage sites and history in general, but my 14-year-old is more of a science geek. He'd really enjoy learning how to make his own kite and seeing all those colourful kites take to the air.

• VICTORIA'S FABULOUS GARDEN PARTY - my girls would love to visit the Isle of Wight and Osborne House again and this would suit them down to the ground, a lovely tea by the sea and lots of entertainment too.

• ZooLab’s animal encounters - my grand daughter is obsessed with monkeys (and other zoo animals)

• We will be attending Wrest at War-  we attend all the events here as English Heritage members and being very close to the venue!  Our little boy loves it there!

Wrest Park have had a display over the past year about their involvement in the war effort in WW1 and I cannot wait to see what they have planned for the event!

•  I love English Heritage sites and history in general, but my son loves it even more! I brought him as a way to get him to enjoy history and boy does he love it now!

• Jousting at Beeston Castle sounds great!  My son is in his 20s and him and his children would love this.  It sounds really atmospheric and exciting and they love horses too!

• We would love to see the Clash Of Knights at Bolsover Castle - my son would love the battle drills!

• Dracula at Whitby Abbey - both of my kids love a good scare

• Pendennis Castle Clash of Knights is something all boys big or small, including dads would love. All that shouting, clashing combat and armour sounds like a great way to get kids out in the fresh air and expending some energy whilst enjoying the spectacle. Brilliant fun for everyone.

• Zoolab animal encounters. My daughters would love this as they are obsessed with animals.

• My daughter is history mad but I think she would really love Victoria's Fabulous Garden Party on the Isle of Wight - history AND food would be a winner for her (and me!)

• As my two boys have both done the Romans in school and both are very interested in them, then i think that we would all enjoy "The Clash of the Romans" at old Sarum.

• My family would love to visit the Medieval Festival at Kenilworth Castle, they love visiting castles and really enjoy learning about the history, which I do too as I have a history degree xx

• My son would love Pendennis Castle Clash of Knights! He loves anything to do with Castles and battles......so does his Dad :)

• We'd most like to visit VICTORIA'S FABULOUS GARDEN PARTY Osborne, Isle of Wight, because my daughter who is 4 loves anything to do with gardens (alongside the mentioned sea, sun and cake!).

• My son is 7 and I think he would love the MEDIEVAL FESTIVAL at Kenilworth Castle, Warwickshire - he loves knights and castles and I think he would really love the hands on activities!

• My two would LOVE to go to the Joust Festival at Beeston castle as they are studying medieval history at school and are finding it so exciting@

This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions