Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Shocking Early Scan!!! TWINS!!!

Well ladies, i went for my early scan today and she thought she could see 2 of them!!!! OMG! She wasn't 100% as the images wern't very clear though.
She wasn't able to give me any idea of how many weeks/days I am either as she says it was still early.
Just wanted to ask those of you who have had a scan this early (I think I am 6+2 today) were they able to see enough to give you an idea of how far gone you were? As I am worrying now that things may have stopped developing and thats why they couldn't make out much??
She tried with Ultra Sound scan first and could see the sack but not much more so she did an internal scan which gave her the impression there was 2 babies but she couldn't tell me anything else!
I have to go back in 10 days for another scan to see if things have developed more for them to see.
Any experiences from those of you who have had early scan would be much appreciated!!!!
xxxx

Replies

• Hi,

I had an early scan at 6 weeks due to bleeding and another at 7+2. They were both internal scans and were quite clear.

We had a private scan on Sunday and that was an abdominal one which wasn't as clear as the internal.

There's only one baby with me though they might find it harder to see if there is two!!

Good luck!!

Sarah xx
    10+1
  • just hopping over from TTC. Many congratulations, what a surprise, a good one though!! x
  • just hopping over from TTC. Many congratulations, what a surprise, a good one though!! x
  • OMG what a surprise if it is twins! I had an early scan in first PG but it was at 8 weeks so very clear (not through abdominal but through internal). But again it was one baby. I wouldn't worry for now, she didn't seem worried did she? Good luck for your next scan, it's only a week and a half but bet it will seem like an eternity!

I will be thinking of you, let us know as soon as you know anything!

Amy. x
  • I had a scan at Babybond at 7+5 where they confirmed I was having twins. It was an external scan and you can definitely see 2 heartbeats and a yolk sac. They don't look like babies though! She was also able to confirm my dates (I thought I was 8+2 at the time but she put me back by 4 days which was confirmed at my 12 week scan). I wouldn't worry about how much they could see - I was a week and a bit ahead so babies were a bit bigger. I am sure it/they are fine. You should definitely be able to see heartbeat(s) from an external scan in 10 days time. How exciting!!xxxx
  • hi hun - i'm having twins. I had two early scans. One at nearly 6 weeks and she didn't pick up that there were two sacs in there at all..... The scan at 9 weeks showed the babies clearly so i'd say you will definately know by then!! Good luck for your next scan! xx

http://newtickers.bump-and-beyond.com/26/2692/269256.png

• stupid BE! sorry - posted so many times!!

[Modified by: snowangel on February 03, 2009 10:47 PM]

[Modified by: snowangel on February 03, 2009 10:47 PM]

[Modified by: snowangel on February 03, 2009 10:49 PM]

[Modified by: snowangel on February 03, 2009 10:48 PM]

• omg what excititng news!!x
  • Hi hun!! I found out at my 12 weeks scan that I'm having twins. I'm 14+1 today and it has now sunk in and I can't wait!! I didn't have an early scan though so can't help you there!

These 10 days will be the longest for you I bet! But good luck either way,and if you ARE having twins you can go through it with the rest of us!!

K 14+1 xx
  • Hi hun!! I found out at my 12 weeks scan that I'm having twins. I'm 14+1 today and it has now sunk in and I can't wait!! I didn't have an early scan though so can't help you there!

These 10 days will be the longest for you I bet! But good luck either way,and if you ARE having twins you can go through it with the rest of us!!

K 14+1 xx
  • Wow, what amazing news!

I had a scan at 6+5 and all you could see was a heartbeat there was nothing 'baby' shaped at all.

I hope the next 10 days fly by for you and you find out for sure if you are going to be a mummy to one or two!

Bec 25+5 x
  • Twins wow congratulations what a shocker!! I am sure in 10 days they will be able to tell you more. I know the 10 days will drag but at least you will have time to get used to the news.
    Take care.
    xxxx
  • Argh how exciting and shocking! So do you think you want the sonographer to be right or wrong on your next scan?

Best of luck hunx

13+6 x
  • Grrr BE is doubling my replies!! x

[Modified by: KimmyS84 on February 04, 2009 09:52 AM]

• Oh Wow sweetie - how exciting if it is twins!!
    Hope things go ok for your next scan hun.
    xx
  • I hadan early scan at 6+4, and was shocked to see twins also, we saw 2 sacs and 2 flickering dots in them, but thats all, really hard to see the babies, but the 2 sac's were clear. Fingers crossed for you hun, x
  • I hadan early scan at 6+4, and was shocked to see twins also, we saw 2 sacs and 2 flickering dots in them, but thats all, really hard to see the babies, but the 2 sac's were clear. Fingers crossed for you hun, x