Forum home Product Tests Product tests
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Uncle Ben’s Golden Vegetable Rice: the feedback review thread

2»

Replies

• 1. How easy did you find cooking the Uncle Ben’s rice?
    The rice was so easy to cook! A few minutes in the microwave and it was ready to eat!
    2. What did you and your family think of the Uncle Ben’s Golden Vegetable Rice? 
    We loved the rice it had a lovely flavour and was really nice and had a lovely soft texture. My 4 year old twins asked for 2nd and 3rd. 
    3. Please share with us a picture of your favourite dish that you cooked with the Uncle Ben’s rice. 
    The picture is my 4 year old twins dinner.... cajan chicken with uncle bens rice and wrap. They loved it!
    4. At £4 for a pack of 3 pouches of rice, do you think this is good value for money? I'm not sure if I would pay £4 for 3pks but I would choose this rice above other makes.
    5. Would you recommend Uncle Ben’s Golden Vegetable Rice to other parents?
    Absolutely! It was very tasty, easy to use and kept my boys happy.
  • We are already regular buyers of Uncle Ben's Microwavable rice. We use it to provide a side dish to quick family meals, without the time & washing up of having to cook rice from scratch. I find it so much more convenient during our busy weeks if family life & routine. 

1. How easy did you find cooking the Uncle Ben’s rice?
    I find cooking Uncle Ben's rice extremely easy. It's great that you can either cook it in the microwave to serve as a side or cook in the pan as part of a one pan family dish, such as Chicken Fried Rice. 

We all loved the Golden Vegetable Rice, super tasty and suitable for everyone to enjoy together. Our middle son isn't a huge lover of rice but happily cleared his plate whilst enjoying this particular rice. 

3. Please share with us a picture of your favourite dish that you cooked with the Uncle Ben’s rice.

See photo attached. We enjoyed this Uncle Ben's rice as a side dish served with my Super Quick Sweet and Sour Chicken Recipe. 

4. At £4 for a pack of 3 pouches of rice, do you think this is good value for money? 

Absolutely, it works out much less then the cost of a takeaway. Some nights we have such limited time to make time for dinner that without Uncle Ben's rice being able to be a part of super quick dishes, we would have to resort to ordering out. 

100%, its tasty and simple to prepare. Using Uncle Ben's rice involves zero washing up, which I know for me as a parent is a massive bonus. The Golden Vegetable rice in particular is great as it contains some
    of those veggies that lots of children will eat, meaning it's nutritious & perfect for little tummies. It's also great as a quick grab & go lunch option for working parents too. 😉🙌

It was very easy to prepare, only 2 minutes in the microwave. 

It it was very tasty. The whole family enjoyed it, even my fussiest eater ate it all. 

3. Please share with us a picture of your favourite dish that you cooked with the Uncle Ben’s rice. (To upload a pic, click the little picture icon in the ‘Add Your Comment’ box).

Our favourite meal was homemade fish cakes with the rice. 

4. At £4 for a pack of 3 pouches of rice, do you think this is good value for money? 

It’s a little on the expensive side at £4 for 3 (budget versions are more reasonable at around 89p a pack) but it is tasty and healthy so worth it occasionally for the convenience. 

Yes. It’s good for an alternative when pushed for time.
    It was so easy! Just squish the rice to break it up, tear a little bit of the packet at the top, bang it in the microwave for 2 mins and done. 

Tasty! It was accepted by the whole family, from my 16 month old daughter to my 40 year old husband who is the pickiest eater out of all of us. So, I was really surprised when he said he liked it and would have it again. We liked the veg content also, always a bonus if we can get veggies into our daily diet one way or another. 

3. Please share with us a picture of your favourite dish that you cooked with the Uncle Ben’s rice. (To upload a pic, click the little picture icon in the ‘Add Your Comment’ box).
    My sons favourite thing at the moment is rice in pitta and it is so easy for me to do so I've taken a photo of that. Ideally I would have him eat it with some protein, like chicken but he was determined he didn't want any this day. 

Oh most definitely! Fantastic value and really handy to have in the cupboard for when you don't have time to cook from scratch or just don't want to! 

Yes, being a parent is hard at the best of times. Having something like this stashed away to help you out when you want or need it is invaluable.

• Hi everyone, thank you all for taking part in this product test, leaving your feedback and posting your brilliant pictures. 

littleny - we will be in touch via email to send you your prize. 

Thanks again everyone - we're going to lock this thread now as the product test is now closed.  
This discussion has been closed.

Featured Discussions