Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

August 2ww (newbie)

Hi all,

I am brand new to the forum and trying for my first baby. This is our third month of TTC although the first time I have managed to get to grips with the OPKs and got our timing right! I am also quite a serious runner and this month I have dropped my training right back as trying to do both was having a negative impact on me psychologically (every time I did a hard run I was worried that it was going to have an impact on my ability to conceive).

I got my first ever strong positive (OPK) on Tuesday evening = 6th and we BD’d on the 3rd 4th, 6th and 7th.

I am now into my two week wait and would love to chat to others who are in the same boat to help try and keep me sane.....

Replies

• Me too, 3rd month off bc, I am 7 dpo CD 21 and have sore boobs but this is usually a PM's symptom for me :( pretty sure this month's out.

Sounds like you have a good chance this month!
  • How long are your cycles usually? Don’t get in your head just yet.... I’ve heard PMS and pregnancy symptoms can be very similar 😊. Can’t be too long to wait!?

I hope so! I honestly thought getting pregnant would be much easier! It’s hard as husbands don’t understand the need to analyse everything and talking to friends/family is good to a point but then it’s difficult not too say too much! 
  • I’m 6dpo and waiting impatiently😂 just ordered some frer. My cycles differ each month so not even sure when AF due! Any clues on when to test? 
  • Oooo so you are ahead of me! I’m only 1dpo. Are you feeling positive?

Hmmm I’ve never done a test before so I’m probably not the best person to ask but I have read that you can test 7-10 days after ovulation? I personally would be waiting 2 weeks though if you don’t know when AF is due, to avoid disappointment! 

Keeping everything crossed
  • I’ll try and be patient and wait 😂😂
  • I would, I’ve never got to the point of testing as AF has always shown up (I was one day early on month one and two days early on day two) 🙄. 

This month I will be waiting until I’m at least a day or two late which will be 13-14 dpo! 
  • Hello can I join in? I’m 1dpo first month ttc baby no 2!
  • Of course, hi 👋. Exciting that we are at exactly the same stage! How long are your cycles? 

You will definitely know more than me if this is your second baby! 
  • My cycles are pretty regular 28 days. Yes don't test too early you'll drive yourself crazy thinking you can see a line hehe
  • Not long to wait then (although it feels like a lifetime). Keep us posted Lilly 2 🤞
  • Laura_J said:
    Of course, hi 👋. Exciting that we are at exactly the same stage! How long are your cycles? 

Haha second baby but definitely no expert!! My little boy is 11 months. My cycles are really irregular (since even before my last pregnancy) my last cycle was 84 days! I recently started acupuncture though and within 3 sessions they seem to have reduced significantly which is brilliant so we thought we may as well start trying again immediately! 
  • lyra1318 said:
    Laura_J said:
    Of course, hi 👋. Exciting that we are at exactly the same stage! How long are your cycles? 

Haha second baby but definitely no expert!! My little boy is 11 months. My cycles are really irregular (since even before my last pregnancy) my last cycle was 84 days! I recently started acupuncture though and within 3 sessions they seem to have reduced significantly which is brilliant so we thought we may as well start trying again immediately! 
    Wow, 84 days is crazy but glad the acupuncture seems to be working for you. Sounds like the irregularity didn’t do you any harm last time though anyway!  

I came off the pill about 12 months ago and my cycles started off about 40 days but then dropped to 32 within about 6 months. I for married in May so reduced my running as I just didn’t have time and the past 3 months have been 28, 27 and then 26 days! 

How are you tracking ovulation?
  • No the only problem I’ve had with irregular cycles is knowing when I ovulate, I can’t just assume it will be around day 14. The cycle I identified it properly was the one we conceived - that was day 26 (coincidently same this time round). I track by cm and then start using cb ovulation tests when I think something is starting to happen and I also take my temperature each morning so I can confirm it has happened - all a bit more work than I’d like but it’s the only way I can track to be honest! 

Congrats on getting married - it’s an exciting year for you! It’s great your cycles are pretty regular too, it definitely maximises your chances!
  • Oh gosh, I can imagine! I’ve found it hard enough getting my head around OPK’s when I have regular cycles.... this month is the first time I feel like I’ve properly cracked it.

That timing sounds positive! Hopefully it’s a good omen for you. 

I have stayed away from temping for now but would consider it if I felt it would help (down the line). 

Thank you 😊, I hope so 🤞
  • Hi all

I'm 8dpo and took a test.  I know it is faint but would you say this is positive? 

I had a miscarriage in May and am so worried the same this is going to happen again

• Sorry to hear about your MC 😔.

I have no real experience of pregnancy tests but I can definitely see a second line! 

Try and stay as chilled as you can (I know it’s hard). 

Keeping everything crossed for you! 
  • That looks positive! Congratulations so exciting
  • Hey 👋🏼 Can i join in pls. 
    TTC no2 first one 10 so feel new to this. Also didnt actively try with him 🙄.
    I'm  7dpo only had slight cramps and feelings of pressure? Only way to describe it. Im currently on the night shift so always tired and feelin abit off haha 

convinced i was last month due to every symptom under the sun and then AF arrived 1 day early (how rude) so im trying to not symptom spot or think too much infact i think ive just convinced myself im not as im fed up of feeling disappointed.

been trying for 5 months. 

X
  • Thanks ladies, I thought it was but just wanted a second opinion.  I will still take a digital test next week just to make sure lol

Good luck to all of you! 
  • Hi ladies 

I am in TWW too.... I am on CD 20 and 7DPO as per Flo... I didn't use OPKs this month cause I did the last 2 months and it drove me mad so I'm not sure when I Ovulated this month. But did it every other day mostly in my fertile window. Have been TTC #1 since 3 months and the wait is agonizing as always. Hope we all get BFPs this month.
    Have had no symptoms as such so dont know what to think of that.
    Why is it so tough to get pregnant?