Forum home Getting pregnant Long term TTC & infertility

Trying and not giving up! - Part 4

Replies

• @PinkSnow410 how’s your chart?
  • So now I'm not getting notifications 🤔 sorry ladies.  
    Ok @MadDoda I had no idea. I figured temp could give me a good idea if a mc was happening.  

I'll post my chart, but it's not much to go off of. I had stopped temping a while ago and started temping again to check myself for fever to know if I could go to work or not, then when af was late I kept temping to get heads-up when she'd be coming. So there's not a lot of data. I marked a typical AF temp on the chart so it'd adjust a bit better. Temps aren't all at same time either because I get up earlier Tuesday and Thursday. 
    Here it is @Aliciab90

I'm keeping my fingers crossed you get another high temp tomorrow 

@sr19 I'm in agreeance with you completely. I'm getting so angry at people just going out to the pharmacy to go out. STAY HOME!  The family that I want to quit just keeps going out to just"get out of the house" 🤦 he goes to make coffee runs, stop at a post office, check a few stores. It's maddening. She goes into the office even tho she doesn't have to. It's like they think the rules don't apply to them. Maybe I'm being too hard on them because I've made up my mind, I don't like them 🤔
  • @PinkSnow410 it could show u a mc, but u may get dips and every time u will get one, u will stress.
  • So now I'm not getting notifications 🤔 sorry ladies.  
    Ok @MadDoda I had no idea. I figured temp could give me a good idea if a mc was happening.  

I'll post my chart, but it's not much to go off of. I had stopped temping a while ago and started temping again to check myself for fever to know if I could go to work or not, then when af was late I kept temping to get heads-up when she'd be coming. So there's not a lot of data. I marked a typical AF temp on the chart so it'd adjust a bit better. Temps aren't all at same time either because I get up earlier Tuesday and Thursday. 
    Here it is @Aliciab90

I'm keeping my fingers crossed you get another high temp tomorrow 

@sr19 I'm in agreeance with you completely. I'm getting so angry at people just going out to the pharmacy to go out. STAY HOME!  The family that I want to quit just keeps going out to just"get out of the house" 🤦 he goes to make coffee runs, stop at a post office, check a few stores. It's maddening. She goes into the office even tho she doesn't have to. It's like they think the rules don't apply to them. Maybe I'm being too hard on them because I've made up my mind, I don't like them 🤔
    @PinkSnow410, I don’t think you saw my congrats on page 49 of part 3 of this thread? (copied and pasted the message below)  I’m not after a reply, just didn’t want you to think I’ve not said anything!  I’m thrilled for you!  

But yes, STOP temping!  It will only stress you unnecessarily.  It’s all beyond your control now.  Ride the wave and worry about it IF it happens.  (And sadly I’m speaking from recurrent miscarriage experience).  If I ever manage another pregnancy, of course my expectations are low, but until things start going south, the hope will shine strong.

My message from page 49 of previous thread:
    Oh my gosh!!!!! What amazing news, @PinkSnow410!!!!!  Ever since you said AF was expected, but you had no sign of it, I felt quietly so hopeful for you.  It’s been genuinely lovely catching up on this thread today and seeing your faint positive from yesterday turn into a bold BFP, and an extra bold BFP digital today!!!  To jump from so faint, to so strong in such a short period of time is such a good sign too!!!

Please don’t feel like you have to keep your pregnancy talk quiet on here.  Good news on long term TTC threads is few and far between, we all know this hasn’t come easily.  You are more than entitled to shout it from the rooftops!!!! Xxxx
  • Morning ladies.

hope you’re all keeping ok. We managed to get to the local shop and get some essentials but the shelves were pretty bare!

also seems no one is listening to gov advice as local market still on and town is full, mainly tourists 🙈
  • @KiwiMoomin oh my goodness, I did see this, and I thought I replied. I'm so sorry I ignored you. I promise it wasn't my intention. Thank you! I was honestly so shocked. I've come to expect BFN and AF and just never felt hopeful anymore. I was honestly praying about going back on BC because my pms was getting so awful and I just didn't know how to continue anymore. I really hope you get your miracle baby soon. Are you just waiting to go ahead with another round of IVF? I'm guessing everything happening rn has things on hold for you.  :'(

@dd1001 seriously? Ugh thats really frustrating. I don't leave unless I HAVE to. We aren't going to get more groceries until we are almost out of everything. I wish people would listen. I know its hard, I'm constantly thinking, "Oh I should go see if any stores have _____"   oh my. This is going to get harder before it gets easier, I think.

I took a virtual Hula Hoop class this morning! Well I didn't really take it. I don't even own a hula hoop anymore, but my dear friend was teaching it and I wanted to support her, so I muted my video and audio and just watched, but it looked really fun. People are really coming up with creative ways to stay connected and continue doing fun things without leaving. Its really cool and makes me happy.
  • @Aliciab90 @RememberToBreathe if u lose ur job due to the virus they offer unemployment but it is less than what ur normally being paid....so far all my bills are still expecting payments....they do that based off the company....my boss said something about giving us money (like as a friend not thru work) so we could pay our bills.....my boss is like family to us n hes worried if we have to close that we may not come back n i told him i would always come back

@PinkSnow410 i hope thats the case here but im also taking a huge risk at work everyday...i live in a small town n our beer n winery has a drive thru that literally every person comes thru everyday and right now buisness is booming..... and i appreciate ur opinion on store workers <3
      if it makes u feel better my temp didnt drop til a few days after i started bleeding....idk if its like that for everyone though

• Hi ladies, how are u holding up? 

I'm cd27 by the a bit of bleeding I had few days after surgery, I should get my af probably within 5days. I got my bad acne attack so I think it's gonna be OK. I'm so worried that my crazy fertility will get me even with pull out lol... It's first time in my life I feel like this. Just want to move on get on pill and start selling baby stuff... 
  • I hope this is allowed, tickled me and thought it would spread cheer! 
  • @MadDoda I feel like you've been 5 days from af for the last week! Hope it comes as you hope for it 🤞❤️

@VRob123 OH MY GOD that is outrageously accurate! 😂🙈 How are you lovely?

@PinkSnow410 as the other ladies say, I think stop temping. It is just another cause for stress. I sent you more positivity during my shavasana today... You're in my thoughts ❤️

@Catlady220 how are you lovely? We might be ov about the same time this month. Have you made a decision on ttc yet? I'm not temping at all this month but ov will probably be in about 5 days...

@dd1001 how are you doing?! I love this thread, I have so many nostalgic happy feels ❤️

@KiwiMoomin you're such a gem ❤️ How are you doing? Where are you in your cycle? You're so busy being supportive I feel like I don't know how you're getting on!

@Aliciab90 I hope this is ov, and also third time lucky! 🤞❤️ Bd well timed :) How you feeling?

@RememberToBreathe are you feeling any better today? I am definitely on the up, no headache today hurrah! Might even get some bd in! I'm also veggie 😍😍 Whoop for veggies and legumes 😂

@SR19 how are you doing?! 

@Emmy012 how is your weekend? How you getting on without the gym? Doing classes/ weights at home? Went out for the first time in 6 days today (oh maaann it felt good!!) and hoping I'll be able to do lunchtime walks/ runs/ bike rides for the duration we are cooped up working from home...

I've had a glass of wine so please forgive me if I haven't mentioned you above 😭😭
  • @ginajolly90 hellooo Hun! I’m well thank you, also in isolation, on day 1 and everyone is still alive so that’s a start 🤣 enjoy the wine!! 
  • @VRob123 that is hilarious and it is so true! It’s always on my side!!

@PinkSnow410 hope you’re doing ok

@Emmy012 where you at?

@dd1001 where is it you live? Just asking because you mentioned tourists haha

@MadDoda I hope you’re healthy, whatever the outcome 🖤

@Catlady220 it makes me sad when I think about how this virus is effecting people’s lives like this

@ginajolly90 if it isn’t OV I’m gonna throw the mother of all tantrums 😂 I’m feeling ok, my lungs are aching a bit 😞 so a little worried; still haven’t managed to get hold of a new prescription for an inhaler yet
  • @MadDoda hope you get some clarity on what's happening with your body and AF shows so you can move on. 😥 Love to you

@ginajolly90 awe thank you for the positivity! I'll take all the vibes you got 😍 I need to get myself on the mat. I've been so stiff. How are you finding no temping? I can't really say what worked or what's just coincidence but I did get my first bfp when not temping so I hope it's lucky for you too 😉

VRob123 said:
    @ginajolly90 hellooo Hun! I’m well thank you, also in isolation, on day 1 and everyone is still alive so that’s a start 🤣 enjoy the wine!! 
    Lmao 👆 I love this 🤣 you got this girl!! If I remember correctly, you have chickens? Sorry if I'm misremembering. I know you have lots of animals ❤️

@Aliciab90 still good here. I don't think it matters what I do or don't do, I'll be conscious that mc is a possibility and might happen any time. BUT I can't control any of it, and I feel so good about the fact that I can even get pg. I really want it to stick, and I will obsess a bit over bbt and taking tests to check for darkening lines, but I'm still living and trying to enjoy my life in this weird ass time we all live in rn. Thanks for asking after me ❤️ I really really really hope your temp goes up tomorrow

@ks36 how are you doing love? Haven't heard from you in a while and I hope you are ok

• Awww thanks @PinkSnow410 I really hope so too 🖤 although if I caught it, it would be likely to be a Christmas baby.....

yeh I think with my first MC, I was so grateful for the happy feeling I felt, even if only for a week of knowing....it kind of brought me some comfort in some way; never known happiness like it 
  • Thanks @PinkSnow410!  Don’t worry, I didn’t think you were ignoring me! :smile: Our 2nd of 2 prepaid rounds of IVF is on hold for the time being. My OH wanted us to go earlier this year, but I panicked at the thought of setting foot in the fertility clinic again.  I was prepared for IVF to fail, I was not prepared for failure by miscarriage, and then recurrent natural losses.  My consultant actually told me IVF was unlikely to ever work for me, considering the outcome of my first round, so the enthusiasm to put myself through it all again has completely dwindled.  But we’ve paid for it, so I’ll have to do it at some point.

So, I’ve opted to try some lifestyle changes and various supplements in the flimsy hope of improving my geriatric egg quality.  Of course, Covid19 will probably push my IVF timescale back even further than I’d anticipated!

@ginajolly90, what a lovely thing to say!  Thank you!  No, truth is I feel like a bit of an idiot this month.  I thought I had 3 digital ovulation tests left, but I actually only had one (and my Boots order for more has been massively delayed).  So I was forced to use some left over non-digital tests... but I hate them.  My tests NEVER show ‘the same or darker’ than the control line, so I don’t realise when I’ve had a positive result... until the next day when my test is suddenly stark white!  The digital tests remove all doubt and chance of misinterpretation for me.  So I DID get a line with the non-digital, on Tuesday, but it wasn’t as dark as I thought it should be for a high or peak fertility day.  The next day I totally forgot to test until 4am, and I used the last digital test I had.  But it was way too late and negative.  So I have no idea when/if I really ovulated this month.  Although CM indicated my fertile window was when expected.  We did BD in pretty good time, but could’ve done more.  My enthusiasm has been dented this month... I’m having a bit of a pity party and feeling like the world is against me.  Infertility was shitty enough,  without dealing with freaking Armageddon too... it’s so selfish of me, but healthy lifestyle changes are so much harder too implement with everything closed, supplement orders delayed, supermarket’s bare and mood low!

So yes, sorry for the novel.  I’ve obviously had a lot on my mind!  I’m approx 2-3 days post ovulation.  So, at the start of yet another 2ww, but my hopes for this month are already in the gutter.  Usually I have an optimistic feeling for at least 7 days... cabin fever getting to me I guess.

Anyhow, I hope everyone’s doing ok during these curious times!?!
  • Oh @KiwiMoomin sending so much love to you. The tww is a hard time to implement healthy eating lifestyles too. I'm always more tired, and lazy, and craving everything bad for me. When I'm struggling in a similar place I just try to do the most loving thing I can do. I will literally ask myself "what's the most loving thing you can do right now?" Some times it's picking the vegetables over potatoes, and sometimes it's just letting myself eat some sweets, but it takes the bat out of my hands and that's a loving thing too. Your journey has been so long and heartbreaking. I wish there were words that could help. Know that I'm sending you good vibes and love
  • @ginajolly90 i havent.....i think me n hubby will talk about it tomorrow.....our govorner said big changes are coming so we will see what happens tomorrow....i start opk on monday n i have to change my temp time bc shifts changed at work
  • @Aliciab90 yea i know it freakin sux
  • so i had a shift change so i have to change my temp time.....should i just discard all previous temps this month......ill be taking it at 9am instead of noon now :/
  • @PinkSnow410i know right - just Wish people were being more careful! How are you feeling? 

@ginajolly90 I’m good thank you - also in isolation like @VRob123 but giving me chance to sort the house so I can’t complain! Bit of a scary time to be in right now as I haven’t bought anything yet so feeling little overwhelmed at times as we just don’t know how long this will last I guess!🙈. Hope you enjoyed your wine? 

@Aliciab90 I live in the Lake District and it’s still crazily busy in the town! Don’t mind so much if people are out the way and up the fells!! How’s your temp this morning? 

@emmy012 how are you doing lovely? Have you started some at home workouts or anything to replace your gym sessions ?!

This discussion has been closed.