Forum home Babies Baby

Baby spots....

Evening!!

My little girl has a wee rash on her face :cry:
The health visitor said it's 'baby rash' or 'milk spots' as they call it. It makes her look like she has acne, poor baby!!!
Does anyone know of a way to help clear them? I have been using sudocrem but it doesnt seem to be helping. Is there any miracle creams etc that will help? She has lovely skin and i am so paranoid about her little blemishes :\(

Sharon xx

http://m1.lilypie.com/pQPd0/.png

Replies

• Ruby had this when she was younger hun. They don't advise you put anything on it at all.
    It is perfectly normal. Ruby had it quite bad at certain times until about 3/4 months old.
    Try not to put sudocrem or anything on her face as it will heal naturally by itself.
    Its honestly nothing to worry about. Ruby now has perfect skin again and I did nothing.
    It is called a milk rash but is all the hormones that you gave to her in pregnancy coming out.

xx
  • Ruby had this when she was younger hun. They don't advise you put anything on it at all.
    It is perfectly normal. Ruby had it quite bad at times until about 3/4 months old.
    Try not to put sudocrem or anything on her face as it will heal naturally by itself.
    Its honestly nothing to worry about. Ruby now has perfect skin again and I did nothing.
    It is called a milk rash but is all the hormones that you gave to her in pregnancy coming out.

xx
  • Riley had this too! It looked awful bless him. They were red spots all over his face and chest. I used aqueous cream in his bath and after washing. I found if he got wet through washing or dribbling, it would get worse. We now use oilatum as it changed to eczema, and aqueous cream wasnt working any more. It was great for the early days though. xxx
  • I think most babys get this hun, both my two did, just keeo her little face clean and dry and they will settle down. I think it's just their skin secreting all the water and grease and getting used to air if that makes sense?
  • Dab a little breast milk on them xx
  • JJ had them really bad hun, don't put anything on them, they need to be REALLY dry to heal up and go...JJs were so bad i was told to try and avoid washing his face too much cuz even water isn't good for them!! x