Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Grunting!

My lo has started 'grunting'!! He started doing it yesterday whilst in his buggy and then carrie don yesterday evening and is still doing it today!! He doesnt seem in distress or uncomfortable or anything just keeps 'grunting'. Does anyone else's lo do this?

Replies

• My 11 week old does it too, especially when she's on her tummy. It usually starts before an all out mega cry though with her. Perhaps he's just found a new sound to make?
  • How old is your LO? Lily started grunting when she was about week old. She'd do it i her sleep and make the most alarming noises - but she slept through it. HV told me it was all normal and not to worry about it since she wasn't in distress with it and babies make all sorts of noises. I don't think she grunted for long though - only a few weeks.
  • mine also did it while asleep thats why i put her in her own room as i wasnt getting any sleep! xx
  • is lo grunting while she breaths? if so it could be she needs winding. my lo did it for ages before i realised, strangley she never got the blue lip but guaranteed a quick wind and she stopped doing it.
  • Theo has grunted constantly since birth! When people hold him they say oh I think he's filling his nappy and I'm just like nope, just what he does! Its ok during the day but really annoying at night because he does it in his sleep too and its really loud but its stopped since we started putting him on his tummy to sleep.
    xxx
  • I'm so glad someone posted this because i thought i'd just got a baby/pig. Ever since Grace was born she's grunted in her sleep and when she's awake. I get the same comments as carlys family and friends thinking she's filling her nappy and they find it funny when i say thats just her grunts she does. My partner use to get offended to start with because she'd only do it when he had her and he thought she didn't like him. lol. Bless. Glad its not just mine then. Sure wish there was something i could give her at night to hush her up a bit though because it can get quite annoying when i'm running into her constantly with the noises she comes out with.

I know i like the winnie the pooh charaters but i didn't expect to get my own little piglet. lol. Well at least she matches her nursery. lol

Lisa xxx