Forum home Babies Baby

Faulty Pampers Active Fit nappies UPDATE

Hi

For those of you who use the above nappies, just to be aware that there is a batch of faulty ones being sold in the shops, theres a full section of padding missing from the back of the nappy as we found out after a few accidents with lo!!

Unfortunately we bought 2 separate jumbo boxes from Asda and can't use any of them. We phoned Pampers who are looking into the matter and said they will offer us a refund. We need to send some of the nappies to them to be checked first. Just for a laugh they said that the nappies go through strict checks before they send the nappies out. Obviously!!!

Yesterday we got ??26 in vouchers (not bad) really, we only spent ??18) for new nappies plus a bag to return some of the faulty ones. Still have the problem of having over 100 nappies that we can't use, i would hate to just throw them in the bin, don't know if there is any way of recycling them?

[Modified by: aerobubbles on 14 March 2010 07:58:02 ]

Replies

• Thanks for the heads up, we use these, worth checking the big box I just bought as I got them from Asda to xxx
  • Hi

Whiat size nappies does this apply to? Where can I find information of what to do if it applies to the ones I have? Are there batch numbers issued or will i need to just open the boxes and check? I bought them from asda

Thanks

Lou
  • Hi loulou1310

We got ours from Asda too. Ours are size 4 nappies that were faulty of course there may be other sizes that are affected too, you'll need to open the packet of nappies and check to find out if they are faulty. If they are there is a pampers helpline number on the back of the box, there is a serial number on the nappy itself (which i didn't know was there its so small) and they can tell from that where the nappy was made, i don't think theres anything on the box itself so can't really check before buying them
  • Hi loulou1310

We got ours from Asda too. Ours are size 4 nappies that were faulty of course there may be other sizes that are affected too, you'll need to open the packet of nappies and check to find out if they are faulty. If they are there is a pampers helpline number on the back of the box, there is a serial number on the nappy itself (which i didn't know was there its so small) and they can tell from that where the nappy was made, i don't think theres anything on the box itself so can't really check before buying them
  • i got my box from tesco size 5 nappies.....oh and as for the srial number on the nappy......well i cant see it and ive held it upto the light and still no sign of a number....any ideas where else i would find it? im probably going to get a soggy baby in the morning as im out of normal nappies lol
  • hello - ours are the same, but don't they have extra padding at the front for all the wee? not sure if they are faulty or not.... confused!!
  • I read this when it was first posted but just wanted to say we got a batch of these last week (active fit, size 4, from tescos)

We phoned pampers just now and was told 'they are a trial redesign that has more absorbent ointment' what a load of rubbish!!

She's sending out vouchers :lol:
  • Hi Anna83

Was meaning to post again regarding this as, but couldn't find my post!! we got some more jumbo nappies from asda which we thought were faulty again, was not very happy and had to wait a whole weekend before phoning pampers and going mad with them. We were also told about the new trial nappy. Not happy as they don't work at keeping baby dry and clean so won't be using them however we have 4 jumbo boxes of nappies that won't be getting used but we are supposed to be getting some more vouchers from them too. Do you think pampers will get the hit soon and put the padding back in??
  • Sounds like a load of rubbish to me... there is no way that having no padding can do a proper job. Also what kind of a company puts an 'experimental' product to retail without notification??
  • so glad you posted this, as my daughters used these nappies for 18months now and ive always loved them, but hubby bought two big boxes last week and as soon as i took one out the packet i could feel it was different, not only do they feel thinner but the material feels different too?

i blamed hubby for buying size 5's when she usually has 4/4+ and put the difference down to the size.

ive not had any problems with leaking but they just dont fit as snuggly and dont feel as soft/comfy.

very disappointed to have 2 flaming boxes of them. why change something thats fine in the first place?? grrr x
  • Would have thought that Pampers could have advertised the fact that they were changing the nappies
  • Ah so this is why I have had constant problems!!!! I ahve bought mine from Asda too..size 4 1/2! I did think hey were different..but didn't really take much notice!!!!

• How very strange! I love Pampers are they have always seemed less bulky and softer than other brands, but I'll be steering clear of the Active Fit ones for now I think! Silly company!!
  • Just wanted to share that I am really angry about this.

I have spent months trying out different nappies and you buy a brand because you trust in general when you find one you like.

My husband came home from Sainsburys with 2 Jumbo boxes boasting about what a good buy they were (Active fit 4maxi). When I opened the box and undid the plastic I could tell straight away the padding at the back was different. There was a card in the packet saying please complete an online survey.

So far I have had 6 leaks in a week - that is more than my DD has had in her lifetime of 9 months up until now.

I phoned Pamers who were very matter afact and said they had tested these and they were fine - there was a new more absorbent gel in them. I suspect they are ok for boys as there is more padding at the front - but if you pee downwards as in being a girl they are really not good.

Pampers suggest we use Babydry nappies - how rude. They are sending some vouchers but I am left with a box and half of nappies I DO NOT TRUST.

I think they are tottaly out of order doing this - it is under hand - why not say new improved on the outside of the box if that is what they THINK they are.

Can you tell I am NOT happy!

• I suspect they are ok for boys as there is more padding at the front - but if you pee downwards as in being a girl they are really not good.

They are not actually good for boys either. The fact that we thought they were faulty in the first place was our little man had a few accidents when he had a number 2, it went all over (sorry). So yeah we are now stuck with 4 boxes of jumbo nappies that are not going to get used because they don't do what they are supposed to.
  • aerobubbles I wonder if Watchdog would take up the complaint further for us? This is really underhand image

xx
  • aerobubbles I wonder if Watchdog would take up the complaint further for us? This is really underhand image

xx
  • Now theres an idea....
  • Just to let you all know i've sent an email to watchdog regarding this. I'll post again if i hear anything
  • Just to let you all know i've sent an email to watchdog regarding this. I'll post again if i hear anything