Forum home General Chat General chat

PP Subscription charge

Check your bank statements. PP have taken 2 lots of subscription money in 3 months!!! Has anyone else found this?

IPC Media took £12.84 on 30th Jan and today Magicialia have taken the same amount again!!!

I am not impressed!!

Replies

• Oh er!!!

Have you spoken to them?
  • No, just realised in the last 5 mins. They will be getting a call tomorrow as will a local driving school who made me do a dangerous manouver today!!
  • Thanks Caroline, I will check
  • Oh Caroline, tell us more! Did the learner pull out in front of you?
  • I'll check ours too.
  • I went to nursery to collect Bronwyn and when i came out to the car there was a learners car parked at the exit of the carpark about a metre away from the junction and blocking the entire left hand side of the road. I pipped my horn at him to get his attention to move as to get round him I had to drive on the right hand side and couldn't see what traffic was pulling in to the carpark as the library is in the way. He refused to move and just put his brake light on!! I had to pull onto the right hand side and pray that a car wasn't coming!! Bronwyn is on the right side of the car too so if a car had been coming then it would have hot her side!!! The learner car had the tutor in the drivers seat and a kid in the passenger seat so he had no reason to be there. It was a nightly dangerous place to just sit and I am really irritated by it!!
  • They deserve a complaint Caroline, thats really bad.
    Or..................you could phone and pretend to be a customer and book a fictitious lesson.
  • Oh did I say that out loud
  • thanks caroline, will check mine too
  • They generally ask for credit card details. Going to ring and complain tomorrow!!
  • So you should thats really bad, and about your subscription xx
  • I hate it when you get a learner driver that does something sooo stupid and random and theres a "instructor" in the other seat.

Would defo complain!!!!
  • Tell them your not happy and want a years free subscription.

xx
  • Thats a good idea Emma!!! How are you and riley today? Its raining here again! My friend is coming over in a minute with her 14month old. Tates busy building train track and luka in his leapfrog thing. Then I have to go to work about 12.30 xxx
  • Update!

I have spoken to Magicalia or whatever they are called and apparently there is a refund cheque in the post!! Not impressed with their organisation!!
  • I have also emailed the driving school!!! Here is my email!!!

On the evening of the 13th March at 4.45 I went to the nursery at Mablethorpe Children's Centre to collect my daughter and when i came out to the car there was a Meridian learners car (orange coloured Corsa with a meridian sign) parked at the exit of the carpark about a metre away from the junction and blocking the entire left hand side of the road. I pipped my horn at him to get his attention to move as to get round him I had to drive on the right hand side and couldn't see what traffic was pulling in to the carpark as the library is in the way. This junction can be very dangerous as people speed round that corner without any care or thought for other road users. The tutor refused to move and just put his brake light on!! I had to pull onto the right hand side and pray that a car wasn't coming!! My 6 month old daughter is on the right side of the car too so if a car had been coming then it would have hit her side!!! The learner car had the tutor in the drivers seat and a kid in the passenger seat so he had no reason to be there. It was an extremely dangerous place to just sit and I am really irritated by the fact that he expected me to put our lives in danger!! In hindsight I wish I had got out of the car and had a word, however I needed to get my little girl home.

This sets a very bad example to other road users, and by someone who is supposed to be qualified to help people learn to drive safely. What a joke! I think that the driver of this car needs to be warned that they are giving your business very bad publicity. I for one, will be telling everyone I know to avoid this driving school and bearing in mind I teach 11-18 year olds, they could be your future customers!!!

I am disgusted by the way in which this person acted and they should be ashamed that they put my babies life at risk.

Do you think I made my point???
  • What a fab letter Caroline. You have definately made your point, will be interested to know what there response is.

Getting back to the subscribtion, are they refunding everyone who they have done this to or do you have to pick up the errorr?? I know IPC took out my fee in January, haven't yet been able to check if another amount has been taken in the last few days.
  • Yep!! I'd say point made!!!!
    Great email Caroline well done on following it up!!

Oh same with the pp subscription, i'll check my account asap! So thanks x x x
  • A very well put email Caroline, let us know if they reply to you!
  • great email Caroline, let us know what they say...we are all waiting with baited breath!!!
    xxx