Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in Aug 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Replies

• Options
    Unfortunately I cannot afford a RF car seat image they are sooo expensive. I'm trying to keep Alfie in his RF cabriofix as long as poss (difficult given his size - you've seen him yourself! he he) but then I shall be opting for a FF seat but hopefully getting the Maxi Cosi Tobi which has some of the best safety reviews.

Shell xx
  • Options
    Thanks for highlighting this LoobyLou, food for thought. Roisin is 18lb 15oz at the moment so still okay in her 1st seat but I know it won't be long. Have you found a RF carseat for your LO?
  • Options
    I have had a quick look and thought that I might get the Britax one below. J is still in his Maxi Cosi but he now weighs over 22lbs and his head is getting really near the top. I think I will need to sell the one I have now to put the money towards a new one :0(

http://www.baby-nest.co.uk/britax-multi-tech-rear-facing-car-seat-jet.ir?cName=car-seats-group-12-925kgs&src=froogle

Some of the seats fit to an isofix base but my car is too old so those are out. Hubby thinks i'm going over the top. But, having been in a crash with my eldest in the car I know sh!t happens. Loads of info on the link below.

http://www.rearfacing.co.uk/

K x x
  • Options
    I replied to this topic on baby....
    Id really like to have LO in a RF car seat but she is so heavy! We have a britax first class car seat which is RF and FF but once LO is 13kg it has to be FF, and my LO is over 13 kg at 29lbs! That was her weight 3 weeks ago anyway!
    Even when she was RF in that seat I found it very difficult to get her in and out of it as the seat belt meant I couldnt use the side the seat was on to put her in Id have to crawl over the back seats and my back killed! I suppose I could of constantly undone the belt and turned the seat round once she was in and belted it in again!
    I like the look of the multi tech one but I cant afford ??250 on another car seat.... we paid ??110 for the one we have!

Its so difficult!

xxx