Forum home› Archived Birth Clubs› My baby was born in Nov 09
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Help with holiday planning!

Heidi is now 7 months and we are going on holiday to plymouth at the end of July. Any hints and tips would be very welcome! Is there anything you have taken on holiday and not needed or the other way round and missed very much??!! I need to get a list together of stuff to take but I dont know where to start. Luckily we are staying at brother in laws while he is away with navy so we have a washing machine etc...
Please help im starting to freak out already haha!!
xxx

Replies

• Options
    Dylan was much younger when we went away (we went in March so he was 4 months) we only went to center parcs for the week and didn't have laundry facilities but wayyyyyy over estimated amount of clothes and bibs he would need.

We didn't take toys as he wasn't interested at the time but think we would need them now.

Dont panic if you forget something there are shops, just relax and enjoy your holiday image

xxxxx
  • Options
    dont panic hunny - there is always tescos! We had an issue with sterilising as the microwave steriliser didnt fit in the microwave! We bought milton and havent used the steriliser since - we are Milton all the way!

We had a travel cot and to make it familiar i took his cot bumper and the same teddies - he slept fine.

W etried to keep his routine exactly the same as we felt being away from home was uopheaval enough - he settled right into it and was fine when we got home.

Finally - if you fancied meeting up i am in Newton Abbot so only 30 mins from Plymouth! x
  • Options
    I would agree with the other ladies dont overpack on clothes. We are just back from a weeks hols and I overpacked as there were no laundry facilities nd have come home with a whole bag of unused clothes!!! Just make sure u have plenty of vests and everything else will be fine.

We ended up taking his bath seat with us as difficult to bath without ad thank god we did. The cottage was meant to have a high chair but it didnt so we fed Conall in his bath seat sat on the table lol! He loved it! x