Forum home General Chat Products & best buys

mothercare 3in1 car baby walker

Hi there

I really wanted this 3 in 1 car from mothercare as a xmas present for my son - but mothercare have withdrawn them because of a fault!

Does anyone know of a similar item with the 3 in 1 that i can get hold of! Am not really keen on the JANE one!

thanks

Replies

• Hi Mskene,
    At least you did not buy the car we had to take it back and our little girl is so upset she has had it about 4 weeks. I too am looking for a similar one but nothing compares to it, it was so worth the money we had such fun!!!!
    On Ebay they do have a very similar one however its from America and p & p is ??40.99!!! Mothercare recalled them because of a fault on the seat we did debate not taking it back but obviously our little ones safety is our first priority.
    However i did talk to an advisor over the phone from Mothercare and beg she did not have it back and she told me not to worry they will see to the fault and try to get them back out in the New Year. I did ask her to promise on my life but she failed to comply!!!!

Good Luck let me know if you find a good one!!!

Ohh the Toddler Time baby walker looks okay its a police car???

Take Care Satin x x
  • waaa. is it the one shaped like a mini??? My son has that one. Am I supposed to take it back then?
  • i have seen car shaped baby walkers, but its the 3 in 1 that appeals to me! think i mite get that one from Ebay its the next best thing, but will it have the same problem as the mothercare one!

Beebee - if your car one is the 3 in 1 from mothercare then yes they have been recalled as there is a fault!
  • Hi Beebee
    Yes if yours is the same as mine it has to go back the link below gives you details they did two a boy and a girl one they give you a full refund its just such as shame its a lovely product and i had no problems with mine at all!!!!

http://www.gov.je/EconomicDevelopment/TradingStandards/ProdRecalls/Nursery/Mothercare+Baby+Walker+Recall.htm

Mskene,
    The problem with the Ebay one is that it looks like an exact design copy of the Mothercare one or Mothercare copied the American one as usual Americans are first at everything, so in terms as to whether its safe or not.......... W
  • Hi Beebee
    Yes if yours is the same as mine it has to go back the link below gives you details they did two a boy and a girl one they give you a full refund its just such as shame its a lovely product and i had no problems with mine at all!!!!

http://www.gov.je/EconomicDevelopment/TradingStandards/ProdRecalls/Nursery/Mothercare+Baby+Walker+Recall.htm

Mskene,
    The problem with the Ebay one is that it looks like an exact design copy of the Mothercare one or Mothercare copied the American one as usual Americans are first at everything, so in terms as to whether its safe or not.......... Who copied who??? I did research and in America they do recall baby walkers if there is a fault but im not sure on the testing procedures???

Anyway good luck !!! And let me know if you find a good one??

Love Satin x x x

[Modified by: satinbaby8459 on October 30, 2007 09:13 PM]
  • But if i buy that one from ebay and there is a problem - where will i i stand with returning it? oh i dont know lol

Did mothercare promise that they will be taking that one back in?
  • i took my one baack yesterday & there was no word on bringing it back. I got a store card refund so will wait till sales now & maybe get lo a couple of things instead. Shame tho' we had it all decorated up wiith his name, d.o.b. etc. OH is pissed tho as he said all along there was something wrong with the chair... I hate it when he's right!!
  • Hi Guys,
    Not sure about the one from E
  • Hi Guys,
  • Hi Guys,
  • Hi Guys,
  • Hi Guys,
    Not sure about the one from Ebay as if you do have a problem you have to send it back to America!!!!!!!

Beebee we had ours decorated with her name and everything its such a shame we went for a full refund rather than store vouchers as we want another one!!!!!

Sorry for some reaon through my posts it processes it before im finished then i have to do another one ahhhhhh!!!!! Theres always 2 !!!!!!!!

Take Care

Satinx x
  • HIya i just bought that one from ebay - he said that if it gets recalled then they will let me know, i aked if it came with a guarantee but he didn't answer that, so fingers crossed it goes ok!
  • Brill let me know how you get on????
    How much did it cost in total and how long will it take to get here??

Ive been lookin at the GIRODONDOLO BRIVA BABY WALKER ACTIVITY CENTRE looks very bright and spins around???

Take Care

Satin x x
  • It cost ??110 altogether, a bit much i know, but i really wanted it! - didn't say how long it would take but am sure iy will be here before xmas (am hoping anyway)!

That Jane makes a car baby walker, it looks ok, a bit boring but its just a baby walker none of the fancy stuff that we want lol! i just thought that the 3 in 1 was better because it will last a bit longer because once there walking they dont want to be in a baby walker! and am kinda hoping that Lewis wont take long to walk!
  • Well......................................... I could not wait any longer !!!! My little girl was getting very very annoyed as she has been used to her independence so...................... ive brought a new walker!!!
    Its a car but not exactly as good as the mothercare one it seems to do the job for tonight anyway!!! I brought the GIRODONDOLO BRIVA one it was ??50 i could not justify spending ??69.99 on the Jane on for a silver car plus ?? 5 p&p i looked into this one and it seems to have lots of things to do sound lights etc so i will see how we go?????

Hope you can see the new pic

Satin x x
  • yeah that looks pretty good, but its the 3 in 1 bit that appeals to me!

yeah i grudged paying 70.00 for the jane one when you can get the one from ebay for the same price! p + p 40.00 but well well the things we do for our kids lol!
  • Hiya got his baby walker the other day, its just great he started shaking when i put him in it! am so glad i got it!
  • Your little one looks gorgeous!!!!!!! What a great car!!!Well done you.

Love Satin x x
  • you have a little cutie too!

am so glad i bought it - he is well chuffed (i deff reccomend it) well worth the ??100 - and you just never know when i mite need it again lol