Forum home Archived Birth Clubs My baby was born in August 2010
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

C- section 'reovery'- cant see light at end of tunnel

Hi ladies,

Im feeling so sorry for myself today & cant talk to family as I dont want to worry them any more. Gave birth to DS by c-section on 5th August (just under 6 weeks ago).I was discharged from hospital after 3 days to the care of community midwives. Initially wound seemed to be healing well but after a week started oozing at ends where dissolvable stitches were protuding & irritating skin. A swab was taken which confimed that I had two kinds of infection & commenced two different antibiotics.

Midwives then discharged me after almost 3 weeks saying that I was healing well- at this time my wound was still oozing & stitches still visible. After 5 days I decided to contact midwives to express concerns re. my wound not healing- they explained that as they had discharged me I was to contact my GP.Saw GP who stated that wound was still infected & prescribed another course of antibiotics. A few days after this I was in that much pain & discomfort that I went to walk in centre as it was bank holiday weekend. They pulled out stitches & stated that my wound was starting to open up in the middle- this was packed & dressing placed on. I was advised to see practice nurse at GP's that week. Saw nurse who stated that a further swab confirmed I still had infection & have been taking yet nother course of antibioticis. I went today for another dressing & she stated that there is still a hole in my wound & still oozing.

I am just so sore & feel so squeamish. I have been crying all afternoon as I feel that nobody seems to give a damn!! Im supposed to be seeing my GP for 6 week check on Weds for the all clear to drive again but I cant see that happening. Just feel so helpless.

Not expecting any replies- just wanted to get it all out of my head as it is getting me so down. I keep feeling that DS would be so much better off without me image

xxx

Replies

• Options
    I know how u feel hun, i was in a similar situation to u i had a 2nd degree tear due to having a vaginal delivery (me an my son nearly didn't make it as i suddenly got pre eclampsia during labour an if the meds they used hadn't have worked then i wouldn't have been here) i then caught a severe urine infection so i was really sore an couldn't stand up, an no one took any notice of me at first an then i was rushed back into hospital with it. I then had a slight wmb infection straight after that so i felt useless.

I am also on anti depressants for anxirty an low feelings so i think this ties in with some kind of post natal depression an maybe it's worth u speaking to ur GP about how low ur feeling aswell as u could end up the same as me. You need to speak to ur family about it, dont worry about worrying/upsetting them u need to get it out otherwise it could end up 10 times worse. If u ever want to chat please feel free to email me, my email button is activated image xx
  • Options
    I think you need to keep going to your GP every day until they do something - I think you may need to be admitted to hospital where they can give you anti-biotics through an IV and take a good look at you.
    Go everyday if you have to, it's not on, you should not be being left nor should you be feeling like this.

Big hug hun xx
  • Options
    Hi, I agree with Mrs Giggles, do you have anyone like a friend who you could take to the doctors for moral support?? This just isn't right, poor you. I'm sure once you get the wound sorted you will feel better, it's just a case of getting to that point! Sending a big hug x
  • Options
    hun make sure you go along to yur GP. its so hard and it's easy to feel really low without all this other stuff getting you down too!

I think it;s really important to see your GP x