Forum home Babies Baby

Really need some advice re using formula..urgent!!!

Hi Ladies,

I am hoping you can help.

My LO is 5 weeks today, formula feed on Aptamil.

He is increasing having problems with wind, tried infacol which seems to have stopped working. So, I am going to try Colief from this evening. However, I have soon noticed that it's a real faff getting the drops in a warm bottle 4 hours prior to feeding - although I can managed this in the home.

My question is, have any of you used Colief when you are out and about? What is the best way to manage?

For those not using colief, how do you make feeds up out of the house? I used to just add powder to cooled boiled water, but cannot do this with Colief. So do any off you take made up formula out? How do you keep it at the right temp etc?

Really need help, as going out tomorrow!!!!

Thanks

XX

Replies

• Ive never used colief, but i do make my bottles up ready and take them out with me. I make them with boiled water that ive cooled for15mins ish and then either put them in fridge or if im off straight out i put them in an insulator. I do this for feeds that might even be as much as 6/8 hours away. I know it recommends not to do that, but i always have and its never bothered my LO. When i need the bottle, i just warm it in bottle warmer or jug of boiling water.

He had problems bringing his wind up too, and we used to use infacol. But like you it was a faff putting it in the bottle, i used to just add it before i warmed it through. Sorry if im not much help xxx
  • I used colief with aptamil and to be totally honest I found the whole 4 hours thing a total faff. When I was out I just used to add it when I warmed the bottle up or if it was warm already, just when I gave it to her.

Sorry, not much help I know!
  • Thanks ladies.

Doodles - did you find that by just adding the drops just before feeding made any difference, as in do you think it still worked?

• Hon
    Have you tried gripe water? Olivr is a windy baby, at both ends lol! Infacol stopped working for him around 3.5 weeks but yo ucan use gripe water from 1 month. You give a syringe worth just before a feed of 5ml (you an get syringes from chemists or they are in your bounty pack). We used to give him 2.5ml before feed and 2.5ml half way through to help and it really does. We have decreased it to 2.5ml at the start now and even though he does have wind he can clear it himself.
    It's worth a try.xx
  • We used gripe water and put it straight into the bottle - brought wind up a treat!

I have heard Colief v good but dentinox drops as good but cheaper? Not tried either myself though so just a thought x
  • We used gripe water and put it straight into the bottle - brought wind up a treat!

I have heard Colief v good but dentinox drops as good but cheaper? Not tried either myself though so just a thought x