Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Just cried all the way home. . .

I know I am being silly - but my friend told me she was pregnant today. She had unprotected sex once and wasn't trying or anything. DOn't get me wrong I am genuinely happy for her and she is going to make a wonderful mum but it just doesn't seem fair image

I am 9dpo now - don't feel like we have done it this month at all. HOwever, my friend had no symptoms at all!

I guess I am jsut being selfish and miserable image

Sorry for my moan girlies - i don't like doing it I just needed to get it off my chest cos my friend has kinda sworn me to secrecy so I can't really tell anyone else about it = cos they would guess quite easily who it is.

Replies

• hun, i know exactly how you feel, i was in the same situation a couple of months ago. your not selfish or miserable. i was happy for my friend just upset that i wasnt preg yet. sending big hugs.xxxxxxx
  • Ah Snugglenush

Sorry to here you feeling down.

Don't worry about how you feel, I think we all get a little like that sometimes. It's natural when you are trying and it feels like everyone else is whilst we're waiting patiently.

Have a good cry and pamper yourself this evening and lots and lots of baby dust to you xxx

• OMG dont feel bad...I did exactly the same thing however I didnt wait until I'd left her & she's my best friend...I just burst into tears in front of her & felt sooooooo bad (& still do a little bit)

Neither of us knew the other was trying so it was all a little awkward!

We cant control our emotions sometimes & you should never apologise for that image

Chin up...it will happen to us one day, we just have to be positive! image xx
  • Thanks girls - I just knew you would all understand. Jsut hoping now that I can get my BFP this month and we can be bump buddies - that would be great to go through it together. Told OH and he was really understanding.
    I'll get over it - although dunno how ill feel if i am not pg by time she gets her bump image it's what i have dreamed of for sooo long.
    Thanks again image
  • Hey sweetie, fingers crossed that this month is yours too. Sending ((((hugs)))) and babydust xxxx
  • aww snugglenush sorry to hear you're upset. don't feel bad about it i'm sure any of us would be the same. i have a feeling my best friend is ttc and am really hoping we're both pregnant by the time one of us tells so as to avoid this sort of situation!
    its good news that she had no symptoms though - no need to give up on this month yet! xx
  • G/C from planning, but just wanted to say if you're being silly god help me...

Two nights ago i had a dream that my friend came back from her two week holiday and told me she was pg and it felt so real. I was gutted. It was one of those dreams where you wake up and breathe a hugh sigh of relief that it was only a dream. And i am only in the planning stages!

I have noticed on here, a lot of the ladies get their BFP's in the months that they feel like it's not happened so good luck for when you test!
  • g/c from lttc to say not at all stupid, but also that in my experience most of the people who say they aren't trying actually are. I have lost count of the number of people who have got pg and had baby, some even baby 2 whilst I have been trying and who claim not to have been trying but the more they talk the more it becomes apparant that they are probably stretching the truth. My SIL knew an awful lot about trying to get pg for someone who claims to have had 2 accidents and when we stayed with them, well lets just say people who have accidents generally don't stock up on opks! I know it happens but take a look at the number of us on this site still trying xx hope you get your bfp soon xx
  • Hi,
    I know exactly how you feel, I had pretty much the same news yesterday. As soon as I found out I burst into tears and was miserable for most of the evening.

Totally agree with you, it's not fair and it sucks. I won't do the whole 'our time will come' thing because if you're anything like me it won't make you feel better. But you are by no means alone in how you're feeling!
    Chin up!
  • Im with Plumduff on this one, I will just say thinking of you and it's totally normal!! xxx
  • Hi hun (big hug) this is your month, keep up the PMA.

Same thing happened to me last month and I felt exactly the same way you did hun its just a natural reaction, your really happy for your friend but gutted its not you but our time will come.

xx
  • Not miserable or selfish at all - my friend's a year younger than me and has a LO who is nearly 3 - she told me the other day that she was really stressed because she thought she was pg and if so - she could not cope - just the comment that she 'might be' brought out the green eyed monster in me and i couldn't stop thinkin about it!

Totally normal feeling!!!!

I try not to think about what's 'fair' - I know we would be able to offer so much to our LO and on both sides of the family everyone is so close - our families would be over the moon, supportive and I don't mean this in any snobby or snotty way at all because that's not who I am - and we will not be the kind of parents that spoil their child(ren) to the extent that they get away with everythin and turn it to little monsters - but... - we are able to provide so much - our LO would not have to go without - yet for some reason - some one out there has chosen not to bless us?

• Maybe you've not been blessed yet princess85 but I'm sure you will be, don't lose hope.

• I can understand EXACTLY how you feel 2 of my close friends have fallen pregnant in the time hubby and I have been trying..
  • hi hun, its normal!! dont worry. my sil has her 4d scan next month and has already bought loads of toys 4 a 2yr old?! im going into hiding on the scan day so not to cry like a baby when she finds out the sex xx
  • I think it is natural to feel like this - I know I have. xxx
  • Totally understand how you feel! I got a text from my aunty yesterday saying my cousin is gonna be a dad. I just burst out crying, I'm so jealous and feel it is totally unfair. I'm happy for them but just feel disappointed in my body, especially as they weren't trying and it happened so easily!

Feeling like the great impregnable woman at the moment.

• Totally understand how you feel! I got a text from my aunty yesterday saying my cousin is gonna be a dad. I just burst out crying, I'm so jealous and feel it is totally unfair. I'm happy for them but just feel disappointed in my body, especially as they weren't trying and it happened so easily!

Feeling like the great impregnable woman at the moment.

• HI CHICK, WE MUST HAVE BEEN FEELING THE SAME YESTERDAY I CAME ON AEARLY YESTERDAY MORN AND ACTUALLY SHED TEARS AT WORK WITH MY BACK TO MY BOSS AND PT. THEY WERE BOTH PREGNANT. I JUST FELT SO SAD FOR MYSELF XXX