Forum home› Getting pregnant› Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Just wanted to share with you lovely ladies

It has been a really weird couple of weeks and I haven't been on for a bit - sorry - I've missed you ladies!!!

Weeeellll. Husband and I have not been 'trying seriously' IYSWIM, just not being careful... I have been awaiting a decision from work about a key job I have been shortlisted for. It's a career making one and I am so honoured to have been selected for the short list, and given how much it would help my career I didn't want to do anything definite re: a baby until I knew either way (but if fate decided then that would be fine - I know this probably sounds mad).
Over the last two weeks I have agonised about this job, do I really want it, am I pursuing it for the right reasons, how will it affect my marriage (the job is v stressful and involves long hours). Yesterday there were rumours flying around the office that someone else had got the job and all I felt was relief - crazy I know. However, soon afterwards my boss told me that interviews were organised for later on this month (so the rumour had been just that, a rumour), I took my relief at the prospect of someone else having the job and my general unease over the last few weeks, as a sign and this morning pulled out the process. I got some lovely emails from management which I was touched by, but I realise I want to be more focussed on my home life, on Husband and our little family.
So this evening I am going to chat to Husband about trying for a baby 'properly'. Maybe not immediately but I feel so happy and liberated by this decision not to continue pursuing the job. I am happy in my current job, I have a wonderful, supportive team and I want to put more effort into my marriage.
This has been a massive ramble, sorry, but I just feel like I have finally got my priorities straight.
Happy weekend everyone - goodluck with the babymaking!!!
xxxx

Replies

• Hi Pozzee_Pod - I've not seen you on here, but didn't want to read and run. Well done on making the decision - I too am a 'career girl' and decisions on next moves etc are really hard when you're at this stage of starting to TTC.

Big hugs, get BDing, and hope you get there quick!!

xxx
  • Really pleased for youimage You seem really happy and settled with your decision.
    Goodluck!!
  • Thanks ladies! It's not something I can really discuss with friends as I don't want anyone to know we might be trying.
    xxxx
  • Aw thats such a lovely decision hun and am sure you hubby will be made up you seem like you have a high flying career but no reason why you cant have both in the end.Good luck with trying hun xx
  • Thanks for all the support. All my friends will think I am nuts for passing up on this opportunity but I just know in my heart this it is right thing. Husband is on his way home and I have a special meal planned. Also my period just started, which I take as a further sign of a 'new beginning' - sorry if that was TMI!
    Off to prepare the salad and enjoy a glass of vino (while I can!),