Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

what would you do?

Hi ladies!

I'm getting married October 10th and would love to be pregnant on the day but don't want to be too far on because i'd have to mess around changing dresses because the one i'm having wouldn't suit a bump. Anyway. I'm on the depo jab at the moment and was wondering whether to miss my next one (due March) or wait and miss the one after (due june) I want to give us time to concieve and i know it can take a while for your body to get back into a normal cycle after being on contraception so i'm torn on which one to miss? I could miss the March one and get caught quite soon but then i'd have to change bits for the wedding or do you think from June until then will give us enough time? Sorry, i know it sounds petty but i'd really love to concieve another baby this year but can't settle on a time to start trying?

Any advice would be great! :\)

xxx

Replies

• If it was me I would wait until June. For a couple of reasons.
    Firstly, I would'nt want a huge bump in my dress image lol!
    secondly, I would'nt want a baby in the middle of winter, march equals Dec baby. I know this might seem silly to some people but I'd rather not have a Dec baby, xmas is chaotic enough as it is!! From June onwards you are looking at a march baby at least, lovely time of year to have a new baby.
    we are getting married in July (well supposed to be) I keep worrying if we should put it back a year or two, lol! But we are trying fro another baby in July 10 for a spring/summer baby (with any luck).
    You could always come off the injection in March and then 'be careful' until you are ready to try? I know the depo can take a while to leave your system sometimes. Good luck x x xx
  • double post!

[Modified by: Sugar 'n' Spice on January 25, 2010 02:50 PM]

• thank you for the reply. I have to admit i wouldn't want a bump on the day because i love my dress and don't want to change it and i doubt it could be made to accomodate a bump either. I could maybe come off the jab but go on a pill so when i decide i want to start i can just stop the pill where as if i have the jab and decide i wanted to try sooner, i'd have to wait the 3 months at least for that to start wearing off kind of thing before there'd be any point. lol.

thank you again xx
  • sorry for gatecrashing and going against everyone else but i had to say.

I came off of depo two years ago and still get messed up.

The last injection i had was in Jan, no period until August and then i had it for two months.

I had to get tablets to stop AF!!!

From there i had a couple of really sore AF's. I still miss AF's every so often.

I just wanted you to know what happened to me, so that if this is what will happen to you-you have plans and you can still get what you want, i personally wish i came off of it ages ago.
    Good luck (P.S. thats the best month to have a wedding-hehehe, can you guess when mine was?!!!)
  • hi i also had the injection and when i came off it i had af for 6 weeks and was really messed up for a few months thankfully a year later im just back to normal so i would def come off it as soon as u can and then be carful i wouldnt advice u go on the pill strait after though as this might mess things up even more hope that helps x
  • Deleted! Double post!

[Modified by: mrsallen08 on January 27, 2010 08:43 AM]

• double post!

[Modified by: mrsallen08 on January 27, 2010 08:42 AM]

• triple post! ***

[Modified by: mrsallen08 on January 27, 2010 08:42 AM]

• Thank you girls! Might come off in March then and just be careful.

Homefairy - I'm guessing you got married in October too ;\) lol

xxx
  • Depo can take up to a year to get out your system...so id come off soon and maybe use patches as fertility returns to normal 18hrs after apparntly as they are similar to the implant i have atm image Id come off injections use condoms to see when your periods start again and then go on patches or summit until your ready to try image Good luck and congrats on the wedding image x
  • Depo can take up to a year to get out your system...so id come off soon and maybe use patches as fertility returns to normal 18hrs after apparntly as they are similar to the implant i have atm image Id come off injections use condoms to see when your periods start again and then go on patches or summit until your ready to try image Good luck and congrats on the wedding image x