Forum home General Chat General chat

paranoid!

Sound like Braxton Hicks to me!!

Have you tried paracetamol and a hot bath to soothe them?

Replies

• I was like that too! I was measuring 40 weeks pregnant at about 34 weeks and so people kept saying "that baby will be early" so I was on my guard from that point onward. The bags were packed and I was ready for the dash to the hospital! She arrived a day after her due date.

If you are unsure ring your midwife or maternity ward at the hospital you are using. They will probably suggest 2 paracetamol and a hot bath!!!! Not too hot though, obviously!
  • Hi there, welcome to the pp.
    I agree with the others, sounds like braxton Hicks!! if you are worried, get it checkd, the midwife wont mind at all.
    Dont feel like you are overreacting.
    Chat soon, and if we dont speak before, best of luvk with the birth!!
    KAS XX
  • Hi,

Welcome to PP.

I had Braxton Hicks quite badly with my second child. They would occurr 20mins apart and last for a couple of hours then just stop. I had what felt like them one day but it didn't stop after a couple of hours it continued, i'd gone into labour! It sounds like your body is preparing you the big day. I hope it goes well for you.

Zoe xx
  • Hi welcome to pp and congratulations on your pregnancy.
    My name is simone and i am mum to jessica.

I hope the girls have put your mind at rest as it definitly sounds like braxton hicks and your body preparing for the real thing.

Chat soon xx
  • Hiya and welcome to PP!
    I'll just repeat what the others have said, that it's probably braxton hicks! I was having all sorts of niggles before i had my daughter for about 3 weeks in the end she came 5 days early and in only 2 and a half hours!

I think your body's getting probably just getting ready! All the best for the birth, let us know how you get on!
    You'll find this site even more useful once baby arrives!
    Take care and hope to chat soon xx
  • I never realy had B.h,only a few niggles from the exra weight.
    Like carloine i always measured bigger,at 38weeks i was 40 and everyone said he would be early but at 40 weeks i was shoeing 42 and he was late by a week.He was not big either,he was only 8lb 1oz.
    Hope it goes well for you and you'l have to let us no when bub's arrives.
    Take care and we are all her for advice.
    xx
  • Braxton hicks are 'practice contractions'. You tend to get them in the later weeks of pregnancy. They can get pretty strong.

Hope you are ok Kim.

Zoe x
  • Hi Kim,

I'm ok thanks. Two poorly children keeping me busy today. At least that means I don't have to worry about the housework!!

Take care, Zoe xx