Forum home› Getting pregnant› Long term TTC & infertility
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

So stupid!!!!!

After the first few months of TTC and being devestated everytime AF showed up, I promised myself that I would no longer symptom spot and never test early. And I have managed to keep this promise and my sanity for the past year and a bit.
This month I was full of PMA, got 2 peaks and 8 highs on CBFM, bd every other day, and on both peaks, used zestica and had a pillow under my butt (the things we do) did everything I could think of, so when my boobs started getting sore (cant even touch them) and was peeing every hour I really started to believe that we were in with a chance, but today I am 11dpo and and have had some spotting ,just like what happens a few days before AF arrives. I cant believe I have been so stupid to let myself think that I had a chance. I feel like such an idiot!!!
Sorry for the moan, just needed to get it off my chest.
YCx

Replies

• Hi Ychick!

You are not stupid ... but you are naughty for testing early!: lol:

Your symptoms do sound good! 11DPO is still early and unlikely to show up on a HPT. If I were you I would try again in 5 days and see what happens.

Good luck honey!

ABP xx
  • Don't give up yc!! It's still early days.
    xxx
  • You are not stupid, if you have managed to not do it for a year that is very impressive, I do this every month. I have now started keeping a diary of what symptoms when so that I can keep a reality check on it that is the only thing that had stopped me convincing myself I am pregnant every month. LIke the others say though it is not too late, especially if you don't normally spot at 11 dpo xxx
  • I know that feeling ycchick. I'm currently afless because of pcos and had convinced myself I had ov'd this month but got day 21 bloods back yday which showed I hadn't. I ss all the time despite trying to kid myself I'm not. I sometimes feel that my body and mind aren't working in sync to get pregnant but then I step back and realise that my mind is trying to prepare for every eventuality and possibility to cushion the blows. It's not stupid at all xx
  • I know that feeling ycchick. I'm currently afless because of pcos and had convinced myself I had ov'd this month but got day 21 bloods back yday which showed I hadn't. I ss all the time despite trying to kid myself I'm not. I sometimes feel that my body and mind aren't working in sync to get pregnant but then I step back and realise that my mind is trying to prepare for every eventuality and possibility to cushion the blows. It's not stupid at all xx
  • Thanks for the replies ladies.
    I have not tested early, it was just the symptom spotting but all my symptoms have gone today and the spotting is getting heavier, I think AF is just about to arrive.
    Oh well on to the next month, CBFM, zestica and caffine free tea at the ready, just need to find some PMA.
    Baby dust to you all
    YC x