Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

When did your LOs eyes change colour?

Hey,

Was just wondering when you LOs eyes changed colour (if they did!). My little one has beautiful dark hair like his Daddy so I am thinking he will probably get his brown eyes as well. He is just 5 1/2 weeks at the moment so I know it could be a while before they change (if they do - maybe he will keep my blues ones!), bit just interested to know what happened for others!

CG xxx

Replies

• Hiya, my lil boy was born with bright blue eyes and white blonde hair; he is nearly 10 months old now and still has blonde hair and blue eyes, maybe not quite as bright as they were before though?? Hubby has hazel eyes and I have blue/green eyes btw.

As with everything pg/baby related, it varies so much from one to another - I think I read somewhere that you need to give it until they are 9 months before you know for sure what colour they will be. My nephews eyes turned brown by the time he was about 3 months old.

• Thanks girls! That's interesting that they went dark blue first and gradually changed as I noticed his eyes have started to look more dark blue than they used to!
  • My daughter had blue eyes up until she was just over 2 and then they went green and they are really green now definatly not blue! we were most supprised as were told they would stay bluie when she was a year old! x
  • My oldest son was born with blue eyes and they gradually changed green like mine when he was a year old.
    My second son (14 months) eyes have always been really blue but the last few months are more blue/green.
    I've read babies should have their perminant eye colour by 6-12 months but sometimes can take up to 3 years!
  • Ava was bron wiht dark hair and blue eyes.... at 9 months she is now blond and has hazelish eyes!
  • My lo was born with dark blue eyes and she is now 9 months and has bright blue eyes! I am hoping they won't change as she is dark haired and it looks lovely!

However, saying that, I had blue eyes when I was born, they then became hazel but still very blue, until I was 11/12 when they have gone more green lol image
  • My LO had murky eyes (they never looked blue but you couldn't call them brown) until she was about 11 months, when they became a definite brown like mine.
  • How strange, I have never met a baby who's eyes changed! Gabe was born with blue eyes and has kept them - he's 21 months now - they are not quite as bright . I was born with brown eyes and dark brown hair & I've kept them. However Lo was born with red hair and it's gone blonde...