Forum home Babies Baby
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

difference - sleep suits and body suits

Hello all mummies. Im currently pregnant with my first so have no idea about lots of things! My current conundrum is.... do you need to dress babies in a body suit and then a sleep suit on top, or is the body suit just a cooler (as in temperature) alternative?

Thank you in advance
xxx

Replies

• by body suit do you mean vest? and a sleepsuit like a babygrow? as if so they wear both. at night though it depends on the temperature.
  • yeah, sleep suite a vest type thing, but with the pants bit attached, so short sleeved and no legs.

Thanks Calleigh

xxx
  • a body suit is just another name for a vest, basically its a vest that poppers under the bum. a sleepsuit is an all in one so a romper/babygro....long sleeves, longlegs, sometimes has feet i sometimes doesn't. unless its extremely hot (25????+) a baby wld need a vest (bdoysuit) underneath a sleepsuit or outfit. typically baby needs one extra layer more than u have, x
  • I put a vest (bodysuit) under everything the girls wear. The only exception was in the heatwave we had in June. I buy sleeveless and long sleeved (never bother with the short sleeved ones). At the moment, they wear a long sleeved vest and a sleepsuit at night but in warmer weather, they'd wear a short sleeved vest and sleepsuit

xxx
  • I put AJ in a vest and a sleepsuit, then in the day if its cold (and he's not in clothes) he gets a cardi or little jacket. At night its the same, but when we were using a sleeping bag we had long sleeved vest and sleepsuit to give him 2 layers on his arms to keep them warm xxx
  • I put AJ in a vest and a sleepsuit, then in the day if its cold (and he's not in clothes) he gets a cardi or little jacket. At night its the same, but when we were using a sleeping bag we had long sleeved vest and sleepsuit to give him 2 layers on his arms to keep them warm xxx