Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Hubbys had another 'we need a chat moment'

Sure most of you no the 'disccusions' of late with hubby wanting not to ttc. We left it as basically i'd use the cbfm, tell him when highs and peak was so he could make the decision whether or not to bd. Well I took test last night and this morning and they were both bfn, i'm about 11/12dpo so i think if i was it would show up. I have to admit, i was pretty gutted about it, because as much as i was trying to convince myself, we hadn't done it, I secretly thought i was. Hubby seemed sad too.
So tonight he's explained that he thought i was too and had got really excited at the thought (news to me) so he now wants to try properly, he wants to be involved in charting, taking tests. Its such a turn around, i'm a speachless. Didn't expect it in a million years.
I finally told him how nervous i was about using the cbfm in case it stayed low all the way through, and proved my worst fears. So at least we're facing everything together. Just waiting for AF to show now. Wish the witch would hurry up!

Replies

• Hi hun

Thats good news that your hubby has done a u-turn on you you must be chuffed, my hubby took some convincing and he too got chuffed the other day when I thought I had got my BFP.

I am late now by 1-2 days so am stuck between af and BFP as both a big no show.

Dont give up hope as shy beans do exist when are you going to test again? it can sometimes take up to a week past your missed period to show up in your system.

Hubby keeps saying to me when he sees me upset oh no has aunt flo arrived he he its so cute as hes started using all the baby talk too aunt flo and piss on a stick etc.

• first of all im made up for you both deciding to try 'properly'. TTC is difficult enough hiding it from friends and family so its fab that you are both now going thru everything together- yay!!
    secondly, it's never over til the witch arrives. I have seen lots of posts on here where bfps have arrived after 17dpo!!
    Keep the pma and congratulations on sorting things with your dh- we always win in the end haha x
  • Hi Nilo,

Wow congrats on hubby being completely supportive with ttc, charting etc. a complete 360 from earlier in the week.

Hopefully he will completely understand where you are coming from when you think its best to BD etc

Good luck and its not over yet, i hope you already have you bfp but its just a shy bean xx
  • thats great news, i'm glad thats all sorted now! i agree thats the best way - for the 1st month my hunny dodn't want ot know anything really but then it got difficult coz he didn't realise that we weren't in with any kind of shot if we didn't bd on the right days so we decided it was best if i shared everything with him so we were in it together 100% and this is definately the right decision for us.
    as the others have said though, don't give up hope for this month yet - you still could easily get a bfp after a bfn at 12dpo!
    xxx
  • thats great news, i'm glad thats all sorted now! i agree thats the best way - for the 1st month my hunny dodn't want ot know anything really but then it got difficult coz he didn't realise that we weren't in with any kind of shot if we didn't bd on the right days so we decided it was best if i shared everything with him so we were in it together 100% and this is definately the right decision for us.
    as the others have said though, don't give up hope for this month yet - you still could easily get a bfp after a bfn at 12dpo!
    xxx
  • thats great news, these men!! They keep too much bottled up, my hubby is the same, its once in a blue moon he'll actually tell me what he thinks!!

That really is good news though,