Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

I want it back

I want my cycle back and I want it now!!!
Sorry for the tantrum but my first cycle after the pill was 59 days and I am now on CD 28 and no sign. I am due to start ttc this month (feb). but how can I monitor what the hell my body is doing? Can I use a CBFM with irregular cycles?
Thanks

Replies

• I think you can hun, actually it would probably be the best thing to do if you are not sure about your cycles.
    Hope you get back to normal soon, the pill can really mess around your cycles x
  • how do they work? What do you have to do?
  • could also use the cheap OPK's hun, my cycles have been all over the place since i stopped the pill but not have settled to around 5 weeks. Ive been using the ebay opks and got my first positive today at CD20! xx
  • Hey,
    i wouldnt use the CBFM with irregular cycles as it only charts to day 45 and wont do more. (or i mean i wouldnt get one yet) Also if you are irregular and just say you did have AF on day 45 (as you start monitoring on day one) then it'd need you to check each day from say day 6 so you'd waste a whole bunch of money and you may not even have another AF on day 45 and so it'd be wasted. Also after that it would only want you to check on days you had a high or peak before.

I say use fertility friend or some other chart either online or at home on your calander. Then just go on ebay or amazon or somewhere and buy a job lot of cheapie OPKs. Then you can do it yourself, as the cheapest ive found sticks for the CBFM as well is ??12.99 free p&p on amazon for twenty-even if you did want to invest in the CBFM on the off chance.

I do have one, but i bought it from ebay before we were ttc as i was regular in my cycles then the stress/excitement of ttc meant that all of a sudden my cycles went haywire!!!

I hope that helps in any way.
    x x x
  • Me too MrsMel,

First AFff of pill, 54 days, now on CD61 waiting for second AF and still no sign of anything! AGGGGH! Beyond frustrated now, trip to the docs this week methinks.

Chin up hun, BD every other day and you will get there! :\)
  • Same here!

Came off the pill at the beginning of June 09 following honeymoon, first AF was 28th Aug, next was 2nd Nov, then 17th Dec... and nothing since!

We want to start TTC in a few months time and I'm panicking already!!!
  • could also use the cheap OPK's hun, my cycles have been all over the place since i stopped the pill but not have settled to around 5 weeks. Ive been using the ebay opks and got my first positive today at CD20! xx

woo we are the same!!
    x x x
  • Hiya, CBFM is only for those with a regular cycle upto 45 days i think. You could use cheap opk's off ebay or home health as they do what they are supposed to

Good luck xx