Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

pulling me hair out

Firstly hello to all, i am new to the site.

I was due at the weekend. Did a test (cheap one) but neg reading. Thought i would buy a better test, the clearblue +plus, did the test this afternoon and i was sure there was a faint line going up and down, so i went out and brought another test (different make) but it was neg. Are there any tests which are better than others, which i could go and buy?

Replies

• Hello and welcome to BE!
    First Response tests are one of the most sensitive ones, so maybe try with one of those?
  • Thanks i will go and see if my local Asda stocks it.
  • Hi norfolkbabe and welcome.

First response and Superdrug own are very good. Ive turned into a POAS addict and they are the ones i buy now. Totally gone off Clearblue, they are only good once you have had BFP's 1 after another on the other tests.

p.s I come from Norfolk, i live in Northamptonshire now, I miss it, its so peaceful.

MPP
    xxx
  • Just get back from Asda and its neg. Maybe i am just late, but i havent been late since my periods returned in September.
  • aw honey- how annoying for you, i think everyone else has given lots of advice so i reckon its just the stupid waiting game now!! How rubbish is that.

Anyway just want to say hello.

x x x
  • Thanks, i hate waiting image
  • Now wondering though, why the clearblue test gave a faint line done, making a + sign this afternoon. May sound silly, but i was sort of looking for the line and it only did show up when i caught the light properly. Can you see the positive line this way even if you arent pregnant.
  • Hun, I would test again in the morning with you FMU as it will give you the best reading, if you've done wuite a few wee's today then it might not show.

Good luck

xxx
  • Hun, I would test again in the morning with you FMU as it will give you the best reading, if you've done wuite a few wee's today then it might not show.

Good luck

xxx

Hopefully all the baby hormones will be saved up and you can test first thing.

x x x
  • I had a similar sitution... came off the pill on May had af every 29 to 31 days then all of a sudden out of the blue came a 34 day cycle.... still waiting on my pfb!

I really hope this isn't the case with you though and I hope you get that PFB.

Good luck girls baby dust to all x
  • U MEAN BFP LOL? X
  • Thanks for all the positive posts and i hope to all those trying yours is positive aswell. the tingly nipples is driving me mad atm.
  • Did you test again this morning Hun?

xxx
  • Yes i did. Just one line image
  • Hi Norfolkbabe, welcome to BE,
    if af doesn't arrive keep testing every 48 hours with fmu and hopefully you get your bfp. - you will know one way or the other image

Good luck xx
  • That is what is driving me mad, the not knowing, grrr
  • I can imagine hun.....as your title says......just have to be patient...you may have a shy bean who will become apparent when its ready. Good luck again!!! xx
  • sadly it wasnt to be image
  • Sorry hun and hope you get your BFP next month, sending you lots of baby dust xx