Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

can someone please help really basic OV question

Hiya

Ok-i honeslty thought i 'got' it...but it seems i dont.

3 weeks after AF is when i should OV as i have a 5 (ish) week cycle.

So the best day would have been Fri/Sat

http://www.babyhopes.com/ovulation-calendar.html

if that link works it says the same.

Anyway, i did an OPK and it was very faint (tesco cheapie), but then Sun and Today was stronger. Does that mean ive missed my chance? As if im OVing now then ive missed the egg being released, im just so upset as if thats the case then im the furthest possible time away from being able to try again.

My cycle was all over the place and so i had to rely on OPKs-but if you dont know your cycle how do you BD before OV? Am i being dumb...i know i dont get it, and i just need a slap.

Just confused?!!

Any help would be appreciated!

x x x x

Replies

• I'm not totally sure myself but when using ov sticks I take a positive reading as I will ov with in 12-24 hours so if you b/d around the time of ov positrive on stick or in the few days leading up to you'll be covered
  • Ok thank you, im just being a maniac!! Cant stop worrying that im not doing enough. I thought i had missed our chance this month...though i did notice that if it didnt work we would have a Boxing Day baby if April was our month...though NO...I WANT IT NOW!!!

x x x
  • Lol x

I replyed to you on another thread too saying the ov test strips are more accurate than the dates given on the site it's only a guide

Good luck hope you get your bfp how long you been trying?

This is month 8 for us
  • We've been having UPSI for a year and a half and hubby just kept trying to keep me calm and say dont chart etc it will happen. But NOTHING happened in that time. So from Dec we have been 'trying'. We were both full of the cold so not much BDing but this month we really are trying!!

Ive really made such an effort when it comes to health and vits etc.. and im such a natural optimistic in all other areas of my life so im never so 'Out of control' the way i am on here!!!

Have you been charting etc the whole 8 months?

x x x
  • *cough* homefairy, you're not calm!!! lol (((((hugs))))) xxx
  • IF U HAD A FAINT LINE HUN THE THAT USUALLY INDICATES A SLIGHT RISE IN LH SO OV IS ON WAY, FROM THIS TIME IS BEST TO HAVE UPSI, SO FOR ABOUT 4 DAYS IDEALLY. STRONGER LINE MEANS OV IMMINENT/HAPPENING RIGHT NOW SO OBVIOUSLY THE MORE "POPULATION PASTE" AS MY DH CALLS IT, U CAN HAVE WAITING IN THE WINGS THEN THE BETTERS. BUT U SHUD BE OK KEEP AT IT XX
  • have you tried just having sex every other day from week 2-4? rather than just when you think you are oving?
  • dont worry! i'm no expert (though i feel like one sometimes from the amount of time i spend on here and other baby sites!) but i'm almost certain that the positive ov result means you're about to ov like wannabemamma said. and ov means the egg is released into the fallopian tube and ready to be fertilised not that its been released into the womb and you've missed you're cance. so in other words get down to some serious bding coz this is the best time to be doing it!
    xxx
  • Aw thank you.....pickle, how could anyone say im not the perfect image of calmness!!! teeheehee!!!

Everyone is being so kind while im in the middle of one of my 'moments'!!

Unfortunately we cant BD every day (although it would prob make things easier) as hubby is on certain meds and has to stop taking them to 'have a baby'.

Although i think that even if we could i'd then turn around and say Enough is enough now!!!teehee

x x x