Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

I'M CONFUSED!! HELP!!

HELLO EVERYONE - JUST NEED SOME ADVICE - I CAME OFF THE PILL IN NOVEMBER LAST YEAR AND MY AF GOT BACK TO NORMAL STRAIGHT AWAY, HAD AN AF IN DECMEBER AND ONE IN JANUARY BANG ON THE RIGHT TIMES.

NOW MY NEXT ONE WAS DUE ON THE 31/01/2010 AND IT STILL HASNT COME, BUT THE ONLY TIME ME AND MY PARTNER HAVE HAD UNPROTECTED SEX WAS ON THE 30/01/2010 A DAY BEFORE MY AF WAS DUE. I REALLY DIDNT THINK I COULD GET PREGNANT THAT FAST, BUT I HAVE NEVER BEEN LATE BEFORE, AND I KNOW THAT COMING OFF THE PILL CAN SCREW IT UP BUT I HAVE HAD 2 NORMAL AF'S, I HAVE TAKEN 2 P/T'S AND BOTH COME BACK NEGATIVE, BUT I KNOW THAT IF I HAVE CONCEIVED ONLY 5 DAYS AGO IT PROBABLY WOULDN'T SHOW UP ON A TEST THIS SOON, IS THAT RIGHT??

IM SO CONFUSED AND A BIT CONCERNED BECAUSE MY PARTNER HAS JUST LOST HIS JOB SO EVEN THOUGH WE WANT A BABY SO MUCH, WE WERE PUTTING IT ON HOLD TILL HE GOT ANOTHER JOB, AND IF I DID GET PREGNANT THAT ONE TIME 1 DAY BEFORE MY AF I MUST BE REALLY LUCKY LOL.

SHOULD I GO TO THE DOCS OR LEAVE IT FOR A BIT??

ANY ADVICE PLEASE WOULD HELP

LIZ XX :\?

Replies

• Hi lilibet

hmm thats a tricky one! you may just be really late? i would wait and see give it a few more days then if theres still no sign of AF then go to ur GP. i doubt very much if it would show up yet as your hormones probably wouldn of changed yet?

have you had any symptoms of AF or OV?

xxx
  • Thanks for your reply, i have had some symptoms of ov, but i had them in the middle of january, i haven't really had any symptoms of af, no cramps no mood swings nothing, an im usually really moody a week before i have my af, im just constantly tired, last night i fell asleep on the couch at 8pm! my partner had to wake me up and take me to bed! lol. i've been like that the last few days, but im not having any trouble sleeping, im getting a good 8 or 9 hours every night and im still knackered lol. part of me wants to be pregnant but then part of me is panicking on how we will cope when we only have my wage coming in now. ive got a bit of lower back pain but nothing excrutiating just a twinge. i have a doctors appointment booked for tuesday next week, so if i havent had my af by then i think there will be a strong possibility of being pregnant. fingers crossed, kind of, its soooo confusing and frustrating! have mixed feelings, but they do say that it happens when you least expect it lol xx
  • well thats a few good signs!! yes it must be even more stressful for you hun!! good idea to book DR's app at least you would of left enough time to see if AF comes! i suppose all you can do it wait hun! what HPT did you use?

xxx
  • i used a first response test - 2 in fact lol. one on tuesday and one yesterday. Well its just all a waiting game now i suppose. wanna sleep right now! lol But im at work, straight to bed when i get in lol. i'll keep you posted. xx
  • hey hun,
    even if you are preg im sure you will hope just fine image moneys not everything!
    it is possible that you are preg but normally symptoms dont start for afew weeks, but keep us posted image xxx
  • Hi Lilibet

any news?? any signs of AF?? xxx
  • still no signs of af, 5 days now, gona do another test tomorrow morning, coz i have heard its better to do it first thing in the morning coz its stronger, and then if that is still negative i will do one on monday before going to th docs on tuesday. a girl i work with took seven pregnancy tests and they all said negative, but then she went to the docs and she was pregnant, maybe im one of those people! lol. some other womens posts i have read say that they didnt get a positive test till they were 6 weeks pregnant! fingers crossed, im a bit excited now xx
  • yey image hopefully you are one of those people!!
    let us know!
    xxx
  • hey everyone, seven day late and still no sign of af, did another p/t yesterday and still negative, this is so frustrating, i havent got any symptoms of af coming at all now, but havent got many symptoms of being pregnant. got a dull ache in my back, more tired than normal and a few twinges in my tummy. I think if i conceived it would have only been about 1 week ago, i can only think that maybe i have ovulated really late. if i only conceived last weekend i think it would be too early to get a positive pregnancy test?? from what i have read from other people. im at the docs on tuesday to get blood tests, and if they come back negative i dont know what to do. xx
  • Hey everyone - on day 8 now, still negative tests thats 4 done now and no signs. going to the docs tomorrow hopefully they will have some answers - so frustrated now, just either want a positive or want af, one or the other, getting fed up now. just wanna go to bed. i keep thinking about the chances of me conceiving when i did, and it upsets me, coz i didnt think it was possible, and if my af is really this late, i think its natures way of being cruel. If there is a god up there, when i eventually get there im gonna have words! lol xx
  • When I first came of the pill i had a normal AF for 2 months then it all went nuts. Instead of waiting ages like you, I had AF every 12-14 days. It was really distressing, but so common for the pill to mess you up in one way or another. I thought I had it finally sorted and then for one month AF was 8 days late instead. Also, coming off the pill causes many of the same symptoms as pregnancy, which is another cruel fact.
    It does seem highly unlikely that you are pg, and it's just your body taking a while to get back to normal, but you never know, it sometimes only takes the one time to make a baby! Try not to get your hopes up though, and try not to panic yet either. The pill really does screw up your system (I'm certainly never going to take it again) and it's still early days for you, I don't think there's any reason for you to worry yourself yet.
  • Thanks mrsc06 thats a big help, im not too worried to be honest, either way im fine with the result . I just want a definate result, its so frustrating xx
  • The waiting game is a total nightmare. Hopefully you'll get some answers soon.
    It's worth all this heartache when you finally get your bfp.
  • well laides been to the docs today - (9 days late now) she told me there was nothing they could do and if i went another 2 weeks without having my af to take another test and go back if it was still negative, this is so frustrating, i just want some answers, im now not as concerned about being pregnant but concerned incase there is something wrong with me, the pains i have been getting and the bloating is getting worse, doc just said there was nothing they could do till i was much later. xx