Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

1200 calories a day for 2 weeks - anyone with me?

In order to try and distract myself from obsessing about TTC I'm going to try and follow the advice from the programme that was on in January - My big fat diet show. They had super good results (but did stress it should only be followed for 2 weeks) So if anyone wants to join in, I could certainly use the support!

I'm using http://caloriecount.about.com/?utm_medium=redirect&utm_source=direct&utm_campaign=caloriecountcom to track my daily calories - it's a free website and is really good!

My weight is currenly 13st 11lbs and in this 2 weeks I want to lose 7lbs. I'm 5"9 so my target weight is 12st 7lbs so really hoping this will give me a huge boost in that direction! And then hopefully I'll get my BFP in 2-3 weeks and that will be the icing on the cake!!

Replies

• i will try it thanks i will try and get on here to tell you if i stick to it or not lol heres to will power
  • Using the stats given, your daily calorie needs would be just short of 2000, assuming a desk job. in order to lose 1lb a week, you need to cut out 500kcls, so a target of 1500 is more realistic. Mix this with whatever excercise you can fit into your life and you should find you can stick to this a lot easier without pushing your body.

I think it's realy good that you are aiming to improve your health by adopting a healthy diet, but in all honesty you are better aiming at doing it through a sensible, slow weightloss than by unsustainable restriction

X

• oooo yea yummy mummy 2b im with you! thats a great site! ive been trying to diet for a while, but keep going off track, this is a really good site, seeing it in front of u what youve eaten makes u realise you didnt need that bag of crisps lol, wow great site! thanks xxxxx
  • Hay, I have been sticking to 1500 and have lost 18lb in a month.... Excersize it a big key and it did help take my mind off ttc....

Good Luck ladys xx
  • Wow gembags that is amazing well done! I've lost 2 stone in the last year, it's this last stone that I'm having trouble with! I have very little will power, thats my problem!

We have a dog so we walk for about an hour with her on weekdays and more at weekends. I'd love to go back to the gym, but we can't really afford it and the ones I like make you sign up for 12 months, which is hopefully un-realistic!
  • gembags thats so good, have you got your new dress yet?!!

I had a look at that site but i dont think i could do that. I always still to low sat fats-is calorie better or do you know of a site about saturated fat intake?

x x x
  • Well it's all about balance isn't it - low calorie and low saturated fat diet is your best option. I'm only going to try this calorie counting malarky for the next 2 weeks to see how I get on - I'm usually a Weight Watchers girl x