Forum home› Getting pregnant› Trying to conceive
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Im so scared!

Hi girls, pointless post but just needed to get my feelings down on paper so to speak! The hospital messed up and I'm not getting my 12 week scan until I'm 14+4! I'm 12 weeks on sunday so still seems ages away! There have been so many MMC in our forum and I've just read the sad news about waiting4baby! I'm so scared and constantl think the worst! God I hope I'm being silly! Xxx

Replies

• Hi,
    Yes you are being silly!! image Just because it's happening around you it doesn't mean it's going to happen to you. You have every reason to worry though and I really can't blame you. Unfortunately all the ladies in this forum will have a whole 9 months of worry and there's nothing to take that away. All any of us can do is wait and hope that this time it will be ok. What happened to W4B was awful, my heart is breaking for her, but you are a different person and it's a different pregnancy and I think W4B would say that to you too. Yes the hospital are idiots for messing up your scan date, I know it's not financially viable for everyone (i couldn't afford it) but could you get a private scan to set your mind at rest?? Other than that you could view it as having a shorter wait between your 12 week and 20 week scan. I know for me I have no worries about the 12 & 20 week scan, the ones i'm dreading are the 24 & 28 week scans i know i'll be getting!! Apart from the scans are you showing all the others pregnancy symptoms, like morning sickness etc??? I hope you get something sorted and get to see your bean sooner xx
  • Hi becky, there's no way you won't worry, it's bad enough if nothing had ever gone wrong before but in all our cases you have that added knowledge of reality.
    I am miserable about what happened to me and couldn't cope with joining due in forums as I know there are lots of early goodbyes but it doesn't mean anything. We are different people, we have different experiences and different lives, just because things have gone wrong for me doesn't mean they will for you. I'm pretty sure you mentioned before you were getting extra scans etc so assume you've already had one positive scan and I'm sure your next one will be fine too, I may have had a mmc but I'd had awful stomach and back pain- it was misdiagnosed as a uti so really although 'missed' there was a sign there that could have been picked up on- unfortunately noone wanted to put my fears to the test.
    14 week scan will be great, baby will be bigger, you'll have a shoerter wait to 20 and with any luck they may even be able to tell you the sex.
    We can't all end badly and you'll be fine, relax and take care x
  • Hi becky, there's no way you won't worry, it's bad enough if nothing had ever gone wrong before but in all our cases you have that added knowledge of reality.
    I am miserable about what happened to me and couldn't cope with joining due in forums as I know there are lots of early goodbyes but it doesn't mean anything. We are different people, we have different experiences and different lives, just because things have gone wrong for me doesn't mean they will for you. I'm pretty sure you mentioned before you were getting extra scans etc so assume you've already had one positive scan and I'm sure your next one will be fine too, I may have had a mmc but I'd had awful stomach and back pain- it was misdiagnosed as a uti so really although 'missed' there was a sign there that could have been picked up on- unfortunately noone wanted to put my fears to the test.
    14 week scan will be great, baby will be bigger, you'll have a shoerter wait to 20 and with any luck they may even be able to tell you the sex.
    We can't all end badly and you'll be fine, relax and take care x
  • Thanks guys! W4B thanks so much for replying, you've been in my thoughts and prayers all week! One possitive is that I'll only have 10 days to my midwife appointment so I'll hear heartbeat again and 5 weeks to my 20 week scan! It would be lovely to know if I could go out and buy dresses or little trouser suits although all I care about is taking my baby home in august, doesn't matter if they are boy or girl! I remember how na????ve I was last pregnancy, I though that once I had hit 12 week mark I was home dry, little did I know lol! I have to stay possitive! Xxx