Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

Made an appt for Dr tomorrow, UPDATE!

Hiya,

Have made an appointment, I said I'd personally feel comfortable having a female dr, if possible, lol as my dr is a male and they are just simply useless!
Its for 3.40 tomorrow afternoon and hubby is coming with me, so im gonna come straight out with it and say im almost 4 weeks late and been getting lines after the allocated time on my hpts. I wont ask her if i should have a blood test, I'll just say I BLOODY WANT ONE NOW! LOL, I absolutely hate the way they make us wait ages for something like this, its torture. Im hoping i can have a blood test done the next day, 1 of my work colleagues told me they only do blood tests in the AM so they can be sent away early, so i take it i wont be having it done the same day, is this true?

I will keep you updated.

MPP
xxx

09/02/2010

CD61

Hey All just a quick update, i finally managed to persuade the dr to let me have a blood test and she gave me a urine specimen pot too, I couldnt go to the loo there and then so ive bought it home, i will use FMU for my sample. As my appointment was in the afternoon, the surgery wasnt taking any bloods so they said i could go to the Pathology lab at the hospital and get my bloods taken there and then and so i did. At least thats the worst part done. Turns out the person who was taking my bloods used to work where i work now so we got chatting and it took my mind off the blood taking abit. LOL.

As i was so nervous about the blood test, i actually forgot to ask when i have to ring about the results for both urine and blood. Is it a 1 week wait?

MPP
xxx

[Modified by: MrsPinkPlayboy on 09 February 2010 18:58:37 ]

Replies

• Good luck MPP, fingers crossed for you. Let us know how you get on. I'm off to docs tomorrow at 5.20pm as I got my BFP on Saturday xx
  • Awww congrats donna, I saw your BFP post. Hope its a sticky one and have a happy and healthy 9 months. image)
    You going to the drs to get it confirmed?

MPP
    xxx
  • Good luck MPP I will be thinking of you hun and hope you get the answers you deserve its almost been 4 weeks for me since I ov I think unless I ov late.

Keep me posted xx
  • Good luck MPP I will be thinking of you hun and hope you get the answers you deserve its almost been 4 weeks for me since I ov I think unless I ov late.

Keep me posted xx

Keep me posted xx
  • Hi I have just realised you put your update down the bottom of your first page am such a blonde at times!!

Thats good news hun, maybe a few days or Monday, give them a ring tomorrow to double check

xx
  • Hi SD

I did wonder if anyone was going to see my post. I put it at the top under my first post.

MPP
    xxx
  • Fingers & toes are crossed for you hon, and yes normally about a week they say to leave it but you never know it might come back sooner!

Good luck xxx
  • Hi I have just realised you put your update down the bottom of your first page am such a blonde at times!!

Thats good news hun, maybe a few days or Monday, give them a ring tomorrow to double check

xx

Dont worry SD, im having blonde moments all the time, I dont think i was even born with any brain cells. :lol:

MPP
    xxx
  • Glad you're getting things moving then, Think bloods usually take 7-10 days? fingers crossed for a positive outcome- in more ways than 1 x
  • Good going MPP!
    Fingers crossed for your results (no idea how long you are supposed to give them - but I think a week should be plenty of time - maybe even call them Friday lunchtime just in case?)

CTBxxx
  • Thanks everyone, No idea what the outcome will be, last couple of days in the morning ive felt like ive had travel sickness and im not actually travelling and ive noticed a change in my bowel habits too, feeling abit constipated than normal and i usually go everyday after breakfast, now i dont feel i need to go anymore (TMI)

Hi CTB,
    Ill give them a week, god its gonna be a long wait, If anything comes up do they contact me?

MPP
    xxx
  • Hi MPP,
    Been to the docs today - she didn't do another test or anything, just took my word for it! Gave me a wad of information, took my blood pressure, and said the midwife would be in touch around 10 weeks!
    Glad things are moving for you too hun xx
    xx
  • Hi donna,

I was gonna ask how it went, i was so tired i went to bed at 8.30. Aww i bet it feels more real for you now, Do they know how far you've gone?

When i was getting myself signed in at the drs i saw a couple come out of a conselltation (sp) room with a information pack, I take it she only found out as she wasnt showing. I was kinda hoping that will be me soon! image)

MPP
    xxx
  • Hi Hun,

Was it HCG they were testing your blood for? The pregnancy hormone? I am just asking because when they tested me for it in Aug (when I had an early mc) the results came back the next day. They do hcg tests really fast. So, I would ring them if I were you. The urine test will take longer I would have thought...,

Just wanted to let you know!!!

xxxx
  • Hi Charlie.

I am so goddaaamnn mad, I dont remember seeing HCG on the paper with my blood test pack, so got a funny feeling thats what there not testing for :'( I think they were just checking for everything that would cause irregular periods, checking for PCOS and just checking hormones, probably coz i told her ive been getting BFN's in the 10 min allocated time, so i guess she thought it was better to test for irregular periods than a pregnancy. So maybe i wont get the result i want. image

I know the urine is testing for pregnancy,,but what use is that, when its giving me negatives anyway.

Oh well ill just wait and see what my results come out with.

MPP
    xxx