Forum home Pregnancy Pregnancy

Nosebleeds....pregnancy symptom??

Hi Everyone,

I'm not sure if this is pregnancy related or whether i have something wrong with me but for the last few days i have been suffering from a blocked stuffy nose, sneezing and nose bleeds when i blow my nose. I have never had a nose bleed in my life!

Is this normal in pregnancy? Has anyone else suffered with this? I am 16 weeks tomorrow

xxx

Replies

• Hello! I had never had a nose bleed in my life either until a few weeks ago and I have had 2 more since! I have read that it is just another joy of pregnancy because of the increased blood flow. Unless you are getting them really often or they don't stop then I don't think you need to worry! xx

27+5
  • Yep, sorry it's a pregnancy thing!!! I've had terrible nosebleeds - some days I blow my nose and look like something out of a horror film, it's awful, but it's normal. Hubby doesn't like it much though. I spattered him with blood the other week when I blew my nose in bed, yuk!!!
  • I too never had a nose bleed until i was pregnant. I mentioned it to my mw just cos i'd never had them, she always makes sure my bp is ok just in case.

Yep, as already said, the joys of pregnancy lol xxx
  • I have had nosebleeds all my life. But I have found I haven't had any during pregnancy. But have had a very stuffy, blocked & runny nose the whole way through, although when I do blow my nose there is sometimes blood mixed in with other stuff, (sorry tmi)!!

Jayne 32+5
  • no nose 'bleeds' yet, but there's always blood in it when I blow my nose now
  • Yes I have had them too, They started as soon as i got pregnant (although I didn't know I was at the time) every other week and I get them quite bad, They are horrid, make me feel like I have no energy. My midwife suggested I carry a small bottle of lucozade with me at all times so that after the nosebleed it give's me a little pick me up. I'm now 22+3 and still getting them so looks like they are here to stay until baby arrives.
    Kelly xxx
  • My nose either seems to be running or stuffy! When I blow it (always gently) there is often blood in it. I have never had this before, and I think I started with it at about 18 weeks or so.
    It's not in large quantities or anything, so am not worried about it (I had heard that you can get a stuffy nose, due to the increased blood flow/volume).
    Anna x
  • I have never had a nosebleed in my life but had a massive one when I was only 7 weeks. I knew it was a symptom but it suprised me that it was that early! x