Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

To those that have had to wait before ttc

Hi I was just wondering how you got through it?
I lost my baby girl at 20weeks in September and lost a little one at 11+ last week and so in effect been pregnant for the last 9months, I'm really struggling emotionally, don't know I could cope with losing another so quickly and not sure my body could physically cope carrying another so soon ( I found the last pregnancy v exhausting) But my heart is screaming out to ttc again and I don't know how to cope. I'm also wanting to wait until after consultant appt at end of march- i don't think they'll tell me anything helpful but would still be sensible to wait
I can't ttc right now as still bleeding anyway and sooooo not in the mood for bding, but I have a little boy and it took 3 years ttc for him. I know I am most fertile the first 3 cycles after mc (so they say) I don't know how I'm going to be able to ignore my body telling me to ttc and I'm worried about going on contraception in case it messes my already crazy fertility up, that and knowing damn well why I'm taking it!
I was thinking just to try and concentrate on losing all my gained baby fat but already know that ALL I'm going to think about is how I should be having a baby- would really appreciate tips on how to get through this, thanks

Replies

• Hi hun

Im so sorry for everything you have been through, life is so cruel at times.

We had to wait for a bit to ttc whilst having at least some of the recurrent mc tests & it was hard cause all we wanted to do was get started again. I really dont know how we done it but all i can say is that the break done me the world of good, it gave me the time I needed to come to terms with everything that had happened & give my body a break from being pg!! The time flew by really & I feel a lot more positive about the future although I still have days were I think god can I do this what if it happens again but we have to try & keep the faith somehow to keep us going.

Sorry if that doesnt really help but also I still came on here & the girls knew we wernt trying so they helped take my mind off things & were great & I still joined in the chat just giving advice & opinions & so on.

Do what feels right for you my lovely.

Lots of love & hugs xxx

• Hi hun

Im so sorry for everything you have been through, life is so cruel at times.

We had to wait for a bit to ttc whilst having at least some of the recurrent mc tests & it was hard cause all we wanted to do was get started again. I really dont know how we done it but all i can say is that the break done me the world of good, it gave me the time I needed to come to terms with everything that had happened & give my body a break from being pg!! The time flew by really & I feel a lot more positive about the future although I still have days were I think god can I do this what if it happens again but we have to try & keep the faith somehow to keep us going.

Sorry if that doesnt really help but also I still came on here & the girls knew we wernt trying so they helped take my mind off things & were great & I still joined in the chat just giving advice & opinions & so on.

Do what feels right for you my lovely.

Lots of love & hugs xxx

• ((((hugs)))))
    Bless you I know how you feel and I only lost one at 11 weeks. I didn't want to wait as I knew we're meant to be more fertile etc. If you're young you have time on your side and really should give yourself time to properly recover at least physically. In my case I'm nearly 42 so feel time is running out for me! (I do have 2 lovely girls tho so if it doesn't happen for us I won't be as devestated as if I had none)
  • You poor thing, i have just had an ectopic pregnancy at 11 weeks and am not able to try again for some time as have a cesarean type scar but we are going to try and book a summer holiday as something to look forward to, we are also going to decorate our house as we are not happy where we are living so are going to do it and up and get it valued in the spring. I am trying to find things to focus on and keep me busy until we can try again. I want everything sorted with the house i.e moving to where we want to be so when we try again we can just relax.

i really hope it gets better for you and you have a lovely healthy baby soon xxx
  • Thanks all, I'd love to book a holiday but not sure we could afford it right now. Hope you have a lovely time. Definitely need to give the house a good clear out though, for one thing I'm going to pack away all the baby stuff that's been waiting to be used as it's driving me crazy.
    If you dont mind me asking are you waiting and using contraception or just avoiding ov times etc?
    I'm 29 in march seraphina so I guess I have time physically but am also aware turning 30 carries it's own set of risks too although my gp has told me not to stress, I wouldn't but they also told me it was highly unlikely for me to lose 2 and I'd have to be extremely unlucky ...... Well....... 'tada!!!!!!'
    also 'i want a baby now!' image however I think I should let my head rule this one and as you say laujai I do think the time our will do me a lot of good