Forum home Getting pregnant Trying to conceive

got told BFN at hospital last night.......

Hi All

Well - what a Friday night I had ! I have had what feels like AF cramps and sore boobs for over a week - on CD 28 now and thought these were pg symptoms (first month of trying). Well - last night, I was in soooo much agony in one area - to the left of my groin area - like the worst pains I have ever felt.

Called up NHS direct who suspected an early ectopic pregnancy, so off I went to A and E very worried. Got there, they did a pg test and guess what - BFN ! Saw this very un sympathetic DR who sent me home with pain killers and that was that !! Got home at 3.30 am, a little upset and still in pain !!!

Well - I know it sounds silly - but do you think there is still a chance of a BFP this month?? Doubt it if the hospital test was negative, but hey !

Still very concerned about this pain! I wonder if its just a 'coming off the pill' side affect of some sort ? I dunno : ( Feelin a bit sorry for myself as really wanted to be all smug and get my bfp in month 1 ! lol !

Just waiting to see if AF shows up now !

Thanks for readin - any words of wisdom would be great xxxx

Replies

• Aw, sorry to hear that Stace, did they say what your pain is then?

It's not over til af shows up...fingers crossed for you

L x
  • He couldn't tell me what the pain was. It still hurts a little today, but i;m dosed up on pain killers, so feelin a lot better. He was really un helpful, and just said if the pain is this bad still on Monday - then go to my GP and go from there !!

All of these weird things that have been happening to my body since comin off the pill are drivin me craaazyyy!
  • Sorry to hear this, just wanted to say that hospital tests are rubbish - even tescos own are better, might be worth testing yourself with Tesco, FR or superdrug. Did they scan you or do a blood test?
  • i dont want to get your hopes up but most hospital test are 50iu/ml which is the same as a clear blue so it would not detect an early pregnancy,

fingers crossed x
  • Thanks for the replies, no they did no tests and no scans. They only will if the pain continues.

If I do get a BFP I am really worried now that this pain could be ectopic or something ! God I am reading far too much into it all at the mo ! Got to stop trying to guess what is going to happen, and just see what happens in a few days!
  • Thanks for the replies, no they did no tests and no scans. They only will if the pain continues.

If I do get a BFP I am really worried now that this pain could be ectopic or something ! God I am reading far too much into it all at the mo ! Got to stop trying to guess what is going to happen, and just see what happens in a few days!
  • Doctors/hospitals are sometimes wrong...don't be put off by an unsympathetic Dr and make sure you go back if the pain doesn't go! I hope you feel better soon...it sucks to be a woman sometimes...

I never had any pains or anything bad from coming off the pill (4 months ago now), only thing for me was that my cycles got shorter by one day each time. Before I ever went on the pill I used to have really bad af pains but (touch wood) they seem to have disappeared image

L x
  • Aw hun sending you a hug, hope you are ok and find out soon whats going on.

xx
  • Aw hun sending you a hug, hope you are ok and find out soon whats going on.

xx
  • Fankoooo ladies !! Gonna stop the painkillers now and see if the pain has gone away of if its still there without the painkillers. Will def go to GP Monday even if the pain has gone, just to have a good ol chat about it all and see if she can reassure me a little !
  • Fankoooo ladies !! Gonna stop the painkillers now and see if the pain has gone away of if its still there without the painkillers. Will def go to GP Monday even if the pain has gone, just to have a good ol chat about it all and see if she can reassure me a little !
  • hi stace sorry to hear that. fingers crossed it was to early to detect a BFP and you get it soon. not over yet. chin up and rest you never know. ask for a scan to see if you have anything else going on and it will put your mind at rest. keep us updated. xxx
  • g/c but wanted to let u know about what i had.
    4 days after my bfp i had extremely bad pains. went to a/e thinking it was an ectopic too. I was actually ambulanced in about 2am as it was so painful.
    anyway, They did a test and it was a bfn. as i was so distraught the nurse told me we would do another test. this time bfp!! and i kept saying "i told u so!!"
    They booked me in for a few scans but did nothing about the pain as it came and went every 2 hrs. They didnt feel this was ectopic pain.
    I had my scans and blood tests for levels and all we're fine.
    Basically those tests in hopsital are rubbish ( i am also a nurse in a hospital and they are cheap) and my point is proven. I kept getting the pains into about 12 weeks and all along it was my bowels having a a traumatic time cos of all the hormones.
    I hope u get the answer u want xx
  • will also add that my bfp lines were also very very faint but still a visible bfp!!

Caz 18+6
  • hi hun i had the same last month, really really painful af pains, not nice. At the hospital i work at they use the 10 miu tests but they are like the internet cheapy ones so not that reliable. Try a fr if af doesnt show gl x
  • Hi hun,
    Can I just say that I had 4 + HPT's at home. I went to the doctors for a PT and theirs can up BFN! I was so upset. They did a HCG blood test and my HCG level was 231.8 which was 100% positive.

The tests they use in hospitals and doctors are rubbish so if your AF doesnt turn up do a decent HPT like CBD or FR.

Fingers crossed for you

love
    bm xx
  • Hi Stace25
    this is my first month ttc to and i had 35 day cycle came on on Friday. I started ttc straight away from coming off pill, didnt wait amonth but i had no pains before AF started but horrid ones whilst on. baby dust luck I hope its a BFP!
  • Thank you all ! The pain is going away today, did a clear blue digital at home this morning, and BFN. Ideally I just want AF to come now, get first one out of my system and try again in month 2 !

If this all has been period pains I'll feel like a prize wolly for goin to A and E ! LOL!

Thanks for your replies everyone xxxxxx Nice to know you guys are on here to put minds at rest : ) xxx
  • Stace - could it be OVing pains?! I was about 2 weeks late when I came off the pill and had AF type pains for a couple of days before I OV'd. Have you got any OPK's?
  • Hi Yummy Mummy

I already ovulated on CD18, so don't think its that : ( If it was OV pains, there is no way I could have bd as I couldnt move for the pain ! lol ! It was so intense : (

Going to GP this afternoon to talk about everything and see if we can get some answers to a lot of questions xx